View Full Version : Music from iPhone to car

ironguy
02-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I have an older VOlvo with no external input. My options for getting music from my iPhone into the cars speakers are via FM transmitter or cassette (a what!?) slot or CD slot.

Anyone have great experiences or horror stories and recommendations for what to use?

Richard76
03-25-2010, 09:59 PM
There are many products available for you to do just that, with the FM based transmitter being the most popular. Griffin and Belkin are probably two of the most popular manufacturers but do your research as different types offer different designs and features. You won't get audiophile quality music with these devices but if you have been "living with" FM radio and cassette tapes until now, it will best either of these.

Sven Johannsen
03-26-2010, 02:41 AM
You might want to take a gander at the relatively new Jabra Cruiser. You'll find it mostly advertised as a BT handsfree device. It clips to the sun visor like many do. The difference is this one connects to your BT phone, and a BT enabled Media player, which it transfers over to it's built in FM transmitter. Your phone and media player can be the same device or different. I've had the thing paired with my AT&T Pure for handsfree while paired with my iPhone for tunes streamed via FM to my radio. Pretty neat actually. Oh, and it will connect to two phones simultaneously, so you and your buddy, sig other, girlfriend, whatever can both take advantage of handsfree at the same time.