View Full Version : Speech to text program

wirelesscop
05-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know of a program that would allow you to speak into the microphone of your window's mobile device and have it transform your voice into a text message?

I wasn't able to find any such program out on Google.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sven Johannsen
05-06-2009, 04:37 AM
I wasn't able to find any such program out on Google.
That's because there isn't one, (AFAIK). Typically when I say stuff like that, someone will take it as a challenge to prove me wrong;) Found out about some cool stuff that way:D

Don't think so on this though. There are some good starts with searching contacts via voice (Voice Command), finding stuff on the web (Live Search) and I recall even some basic language translation things that translate some phrases. Don't think there is anything like Dragon Naturally Speaking or MSs own Voice dictation software for mobile devices. Used to be the processing power, but I'm not sure that's the biggest issue at this point. Could be the huge library of sounds to compare things to, to pick the word. Might just be a storage problem at this point. Maybe in a few years.

Robb Bates
05-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Sign up for Tellme. It will do voice to text message. You'll have to wait until it's released.

Robb