View Full Version : New to Windows Mobile 6 ... Question about EWallet

Kajun58
03-11-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm new to the Windows Mobile 6 area (formerly Palm OS user) and I've heard good things about EWallet software.

I was going to sync my smartphone to Outlook yet discovered that I want something flexible.

Can I use EWallet to sync to both Outlook and EWallet?
Additionally, can EWallet be install on two (2) PC's? ( I need to sync to both my desktop and my laptop) Finally, If my data is current on the smart phone device can I hotsync the first time usuing the phone to the EWallet desktop (or do I need to have the data in Outlook to do the initial hotsync to the desktop)?

This is a totally new experience for me ... If the questions sound elementary ...they are :)

Thank you!

Nurhisham Hussein
03-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Can I use EWallet to sync to both Outlook and EWallet?

I'm not sure I understand this question - these are two seperate programs. Activesync/WMDC syncs your device PIM with Outlook. eWallet has its own sync conduit and its own desktop software - you have to buy both phone program and desktop program to be able to sync. Iliumsoft offers a discount on the bundle however.

Additionally, can EWallet be install on two (2) PC's? ( I need to sync to both my desktop and my laptop)

I haven't read through the license agreement, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is restricted. OTOH, Iliumsoft hasn't placed any barriers to doing this - but you wouldn't want to cheat a hard working developer out of their money, would you?

Finally, If my data is current on the smart phone device can I hotsync the first time usuing the phone to the EWallet desktop (or do I need to have the data in Outlook to do the initial hotsync to the desktop)?

eWallet data is not kept in Outlook (see above).

P.S. Kajun58, in future please don't cross post in two seperate threads. I've deleted the other one.

Reid Kistler
03-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Additionally, can EWallet be install on two (2) PC's? ( I need to sync to both my desktop and my laptop)

For licensing, would expect you to need to buy 1 copy of eWallet Pro (PC + PPC) plus a second copy of eWallet for PC. If you can be PATIENT, iLium and/or its sales partners tend to offer Special Pricing from time-to-time.

As to Functionality, eWallet's Sync program seems to work very well. It is not a miracle worker: if you have changed the same card (record) on each platform it obviously cannot know which data to keep, so defaults to creating Duplicate Cards (marked as "Card" and "Card 2") - AND creates a report for you showing for which entries it has done so.

We keep 2 copies of eWallet Pro (one of them purchased during a 50% Off sale!) which we use to Sync between two Desktop/PDA sets, AND we have one "Wallet" that is Common to both users, and that we sync along our network.

Also love the ability to MOVE the eWallet files to Non-Default locations: helpful on the PPCs to ease built-in memory limitations, and on the PCs to facilitate easier backup.

sweb3028
03-12-2009, 03:53 PM
From the Ilium Software website ... "Adding another copy of any of our programs for a different device (but for your own use) is just US$10.00."

If you are planning to sync to your computer, you will want to use eWallet Professional. I have been using eWallet for years, and it is one of those "must-have" applications for me. I probably use the desktop portion more than the Windows Mobile.

I agree with Nurhisham ... it is physically possible to install the program on 2 computers. However, we need to support good companies like Ilium Software for thier quality products. Without them, our Widows Mobile experience would not be as satisfying.

To purchase additional licenses, you should use the special order form here: http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/custserv/orderf.php.