View Full Version : Media Player 11 and WM 6.1 conversion

ziggy
08-31-2008, 02:48 PM
I am having a problem syncing Media into my Moto Q (upgraded to WM6.1) with Windows Media 11 that seems to have to do with the conversion process. I have the setting selectd to let Windows Media Player automatically convert media files to the "optimal" quality level, but the problem starts when the conversion process gets too far ahead of the synchronization. I push the Sync Now button, and all of the files light up "Conversion Required", then the first file changes to "Converting", when it finishes converting, it begins synchronizing and the next file starts to convert. All is fine until the file being converted get more than 2 files in front of the one that is synchronizing. In other words, if you look at the list, one file is synchronizing, the next file is converted, and the file after that is converting. When the file that is synchronizing finishes, all of the files light up "Stopped" and I have to close Windows Media Player, reopen it and start again from where it quit. I have tried formatting the storage card, buying a new storage card, syncing on a different PC, and I have looked all over the setting to see if I can run the conversion on all of the files before they start to sync, but I'm completely lost at this point. Anyone else experiencing this?

ziggy
08-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Okay, it isn't the conversion and I am totally frustrated. I turned off conversion and it still stops synchronizing at random points in the process. Sometimes it will sync 4 songs and sometimes it will do the whole playlist (I've tried up to 15 songs) fine, but almost every time I try to add content, I get "stopped" in the status and I have to close WM Player and open it up again. It happens on two different PC's though, so there has to be something going on in the phone.