View Full Version : Need help with syncing and deleting songs

Pythagoras
06-11-2008, 04:57 AM
Okay, I have a Zune 30g, and I love it. The only issue that has been really...irking me lately is that whenever I plug it in to charge it it automatically starts syncing, even though it is not set to do so. Furthermore, when I select something on "never sync with zune" it still syncs it. What really ticks me off is I am a OC organization freak and there are files on there that refuse to delete and there are certain files, about 7 or so, where there are 20 copies on my zune. Every time I plug it in to charge, it syncs it again. When I am on the files and select 'delete off my zune' it will delete one, then when I try and delete another it freezes the program. I am about ready to pull my hair out and am incredibly stressed. I just want them off. I don't want to have to clear every song off it, because I'm sure this will happen again.

Sorry if this topic has been addressed before I don't have the time in my day to look through all of these trying to find it. Thank you for your help and time reading this. And sorry if I sound a little short on patience I am beyond stressed with other things and this is the final straw sort of thing.

Disturbedboy
06-12-2008, 12:15 AM
if you havent already done so, try upgrading to the software. it helped me out when i was having this problem

Jason Dunn
06-12-2008, 09:39 AM
You're not the first person to complain about these issues, but I personally haven't seen any of them so I'm a bit baffled as to why they're happening. I wish I could give you a fix, but I'm not aware of one. Fundamentally it sounds like something has gotten a little screwed up on your Zune. Try this...

First, do a hard reset on your Zune:

Press and hold the back button
Press up until it reboots
Then start pressing and holding the center "OK" button and pressing left on the control pad (you have to do step 3 when the screen goes blank but before the reboot process actually starts)

Next, before docking your Zune, delete the partnership with your Zune in the Zune software. Now, try docking it again - the Zune should update it's firmware, then you can establish a partnership with it again.

Let me know if that helps...