View Full Version : Zune Library Problems

takkun
04-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi there

I have recently put a chunk of my music collection on to my Zune which worked perfectly fine, fast synching etc. I have categorised all my albums so that when I search under "artists", the albums for that particular artist will show up when I enter into the artists folder on the Zune.

For about 3-4 artists however, even though I have categorised all their albums, when I enter into their folder, for some albums it lists every song individually rather than under the album I made it for. I have named the right album, and everything is named exactly like other albums which are shown correctly. I tried changing the name of the album, but the problem still happens, and resynched it 5 times.

I hope I explained that well, and would like to know if there is anything I can do so the songs show up under an album rather than a huge list of songs.

Jason Dunn
04-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Hmm. It sounds like your song metadata is screwed up somehow...my suggestion is to use a free tool called Media Monkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com). Exit from the Zune software, then set Media Monkey it up to scan your music folder (OPTIONS > MONITOR FOLDER). Then take a look at the metadata and I bet it will be really obvious what needs fixing. Let me know how it goes!

takkun
04-25-2007, 03:59 AM
Well, I tried what you said. Downloaded media monkey and added the folders that were giving me problems, as well as a few albums that I know worked fine. Checked all the data etc, and everything was fine - tags and everything were the same as those files that worked ok.

Is that what you mean by metadata - the IDtags and categories like "artist","album" etc? I looked at the copyright and stuff too, but they were the same

EDIT: Ok, after playing around with it a little bit, I figured out that it's something to do with the Zune website, or how the internet side of the Zune recognises the songs. So I changed the album info manually through the "edit" function on the Zune marketplace. I'm still not 100% sure how I actually did it, but it worked for me.

Jason Dunn
04-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Is that what you mean by metadata - the IDtags and categories like "artist","album" etc? I looked at the copyright and stuff too, but they were the same

Yes, that's what metadata is.

So I changed the album info manually through the "edit" function on the Zune marketplace. I'm still not 100% sure how I actually did it, but it worked for me.

Hmm. That's very bizarre - I'm glad you got it working, but what's strange is that the Zune library software only reads what's in the files, and Media Monkey should be able to edit all that...so this is all a bit strange.