View Full Version : weird behavior on 1955 vs. 2495

splat
09-22-2006, 04:08 PM
OK. I'm hoping someone can explain this to me because I'm stymied.

I bought a rx1955 when they first came out and enjoyed it... although the limited memory made it a hassle when trying to open large spreadsheets/ pdfs and what have you.

So I decided to upgrade to a hx2495. WM5, more memory, faster processor, etc.

Now there is an application I use to pass the time here and there called PocketKobo. A fun little shoot'em up.

Ran like a champ on the rx1955. I go to run it on the 2495, file explorer to 'Games' then tap PocketKobo. The screen blinks and that is that. PocketKobo is still selected in the file explorer windows, but nothing (other than the blink) seems to have occurred. Pocketkobo the appears inn the start menu as if it was run as well.

Anybody have any ideas ?

I'm wondering if my eBay puurchase is a little less than 100% functional even though self-test seems to think it is.

Thanks in advance.

Cybrid
09-24-2006, 09:17 AM
OK. I'm hoping someone can explain this to me because I'm stymied.

I bought a rx1955 when they first came out and enjoyed it... although the limited memory made it a hassle when trying to open large spreadsheets/ pdfs and what have you.

So I decided to upgrade to a hx2495. WM5, more memory, faster processor, etc.

Now there is an application I use to pass the time here and there called PocketKobo. A fun little shoot'em up.

Ran like a champ on the rx1955. I go to run it on the 2495, file explorer to 'Games' then tap PocketKobo. The screen blinks and that is that. PocketKobo is still selected in the file explorer windows, but nothing (other than the blink) seems to have occurred. Pocketkobo the appears inn the start menu as if it was run as well.

Anybody have any ideas ?

I'm wondering if my eBay puurchase is a little less than 100% functional even though self-test seems to think it is.

Thanks in advance.The software might just be incompatible with WM5

splat
09-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Sadly both the 1955 and the 2495 are WM5 devices.

_That_ is what is confusing me more than anything else. Runs great on the low-memory, Low-end-processor model, but not on the more memory better processor model... :?:

Cybrid
09-26-2006, 03:11 AM
Sadly both the 1955 and the 2495 are WM5 devices.

_That_ is what is confusing me more than anything else. Runs great on the low-memory, Low-end-processor model, but not on the more memory better processor model... :?: Some unknown software conflict. What do you have installed....and have you tried running it on a fresh machine?

splat
09-26-2006, 02:36 PM
That's it so far. I wanted to see if the button configuration of the 2495 was going to make game play too hard so it was the first thing I did.

At the moment the only other software is TCMP (installed later) - which is also installed on the 1955 as well - so I am at a loss. But I guess that if a freeware program doesn't run I should just shrug my shoulders and move on. I'm just worried that smething else might not run. Something I _need_ to do what I want.

(shrug) oh well.

Thanks for the help.

Cybrid
09-26-2006, 06:28 PM
That's it so far. I wanted to see if the button configuration of the 2495 was going to make game play too hard so it was the first thing I did.

At the moment the only other software is TCMP (installed later) - which is also installed on the 1955 as well - so I am at a loss. But I guess that if a freeware program doesn't run I should just shrug my shoulders and move on. I'm just worried that smething else might not run. Something I _need_ to do what I want.

(shrug) oh well.

Thanks for the help.Yup, then all is lost so to speak....Hard to say why but that specific device must have something different that doesn't let the game play.

splat
09-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm even more intruiged by the fact that even though they are both listed as having 'Premium Edition' WM5 some of the basic 'in rom' software differs. Perhaps the 2495 I have in an upgrade as opposed to a original WM5 machine and hence the differences.

Oh well. Just looks like I need to stick with Bubble Breaker or Solitare if I need to waste some time - or find some new game to mess with.

Thanks again.