View Full Version : HELP/QUESTION: unable to sync a WM5-device ONLY every morning...

ipaq_wannabe
07-04-2006, 02:59 AM
i was wondering if anyone may be able to help me, or at least lead me to some resources to figure out why my WM5-based handheld is not able to sync every morning...

basically what happens is that i usually do a backup around 10PM, and naturally, a soft reset follows...

but for this particular handheld, it never turns off, ie., it is in what you call a "stand-by" state. the screen is off, etc. but any button press would wake it up to full power. also, during this "stand-by" state, it has a wireless antenna (much like a phone) and it receives messages real-time...

anyway, it always happens that when i try to sync the next morning; either it does not connect, or an error results (and i have to soft-reset)!

the only solution ive found so far is to soft-reset before synching in the morning...

though, my gut feeling tells me that it has something to do when PPCs "wake-up" in the middle of the night and "fixes" itself up...

any suggestions?

thanks!!!