View Full Version : Logitech Bluetooth headphones

VanHlebar
03-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Has anyone tried these headphone with their zune?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2412,CONTENTID=12492

I know they were designed specifically for the ipod, but when I looked at them at BestBuy it looked like they might work with the Zune if you don't mind the extra bulk. The transmitter part plugs into the top of the Zune where the headphones would plug in.

I have two concerns though. One, is the thickness of the transmitter, not sure if it is the same thickness as the Zune or not and I am not sure if it would cause any issues. Two, with the locking button being on top of the Zune, I am wondering if it would get in the way when attempting to put the transmitter part on the Zune.

So, if anyone has tried them out, did they work well? I am looking for something that will allow me to take my Zune with me on the golf course while I am walking around by myself.

-Eric

Jason Dunn
03-22-2007, 08:14 PM
I haven't tried them myself, but there's no reason to think that they wouldn't work - they'll work with any 3.5mm headphone jack, so that's not a problem. With the lock button, well, the whole thing will doubtless rotate when it's plugged in, meaning you can rotate it out of the way when you need to get to the headphone jack. If you're concerned about it needing to be flush to connect fully...that would be really strange it 1mm of extrusion made a difference. I'd suggest buying them from a place that has a good return policy just in case, but I'm 99% sure it will work.

Report back here and let us know when you make the decision. ;)

mranlett
04-04-2007, 07:34 PM
My coworker has these. The transmitter is actually sized for an iPod Nano but it works quite well on my Zune. It covers the lock switch and it doesn't match the size or the double-shot look. But the transmission is crystal clear and works from really far away. I was on the other side of the building from my player and it still worked.

rickjs
05-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Its got different covers on it for all the different generations of the ipod and one cover for the zune. The covers go on the transmitter to lock it into place, because if the covers aren't placed on the transmitter it can rotate which can be annoying. If the covers aren't on, you can rotate it to get to the hold switch. If you wanna know about the quality, they sound great for wireless headphones. (the same, if not better than the zune default earbuds. It pauses every couple of songs, but its usually not noticeable. They're also pretty comfortable.

kmessinger
07-05-2007, 04:56 PM
. . . It pauses every couple of songs, but its usually not noticeable. They're also pretty comfortable.

These look pretty good for working as I am always getting the cord caught on something and ripping the earbuds out of my ears. I didn't know what you meant by "pauses every couple of songs". Can you explain that?