View Full Version : Zune Video Sites with good collection

jimmy9183
03-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Are there any out there? I've been hunting places like Google Video and dl'ing mpeg4's to convert. Any good sites with good Zune videos collection?

tbird
03-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Can't help you.....Cause I have been doing the same thing myself.......
Is it just me or is this a very slow site.....HELLO....hello....hello.......:confused:

Jason Dunn
03-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Are there any out there? I've been hunting places like Google Video and dl'ing mpeg4's to convert. Any good sites with good Zune videos collection?

Legitimate, legal video is always hard to obtain because most of the content providers out there are still trying to figure out how they want to offer it. For now your best source is your own DVDs, TV shows, etc.

Jason Dunn
03-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Is it just me or is this a very slow site.....HELLO....hello....hello.......:confused:

You might have hit it during a load spike - it seems fairly snappy now...though our server is always a bit overloaded now, so it's neven SUPER fast.

gasusan2006
03-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Can't help you.....Cause I have been doing the same thing myself.......Is it just me or is this a very slow site.....HELLO....hello....hello.......:confused:

It's not you......I've had posts go unanswered sometimes.... I think the traffic on the site has slowed :(

I have converted over 30 dvds to my Zune... .. our family has a large movie collection... so I have been content with videos for my zune :)

Susan

Jason Dunn
03-20-2007, 05:46 PM
It's not you......I've had posts go unanswered sometimes.... I think the traffic on the site has slowed :(

Well I thought he was talking about the site being slow to load, but you're talking about the site being slow at community, which are two very different things. ;) Part of growing a new community is putting in as much, or more, than what you get out of it - so I'd really encourage everyone to post, ask questions, and answer questions as much as possible. I'll admit I haven't been very good at checking for new posts in our forums here and trying to answer them, so I'll try to do that more often. :)

bleeman
03-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Susan,

What are you using to convert your DVD's? I just started tinkering with this concept and have played a little using Windows Media Encoder, but I haven't quite figured out what I'm doing yet as my first attempt showed up as a small "sliver" of video down the center of my screen :o

tbird
03-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Susan,

What are you using to convert your DVD's? I just started tinkering with this concept and have played a little using Windows Media Encoder, but I haven't quite figured out what I'm doing yet as my first attempt showed up as a small "sliver" of video down the center of my screen :o
That's a heck of a lot more than I got.:confused:
I have read thru a couple of "how to's" on how to do this, but it would be nice if someone could do it in "English" espceially for those of us out here who are computer idiots.

gasusan2006
03-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Susan,

Bill
I am LAZY..... I got pocket DVD wizard http://www.pocketdvdwizard.com/ so that the entire family could easily use it ....and "I" wouldn't have to do it all the time :D since we have dell axim x51v, zune and i-pods in the house.

Picture pretty good (unless you want it to be movie-perfect). I have over 30 full length movies on my Zune (latest 2 were Gridiron Gang and latest Rocky movie)

:)

There is a trial version (think it is 5 minutes conversion)....

Susan

Jason Dunn
03-26-2007, 05:20 AM
I have read thru a couple of "how to's" on how to do this, but it would be nice if someone could do it in "English" espceially for those of us out here who are computer idiots.

If you're a "computer idiot", I'd strongly suggest you just go buy a commercial package to do this - the free methods are all complicated and involve multiple tools. That sounds like it's a hassle you don't need, so save your sanity and go buy a software product that will do it all for you. ;)