View Full Version : Question?

tbird
03-07-2007, 10:33 AM
So on marketplace it says 79 cents a song,but the numbers dont add up?
Whats up? Am I getting screwed or is 79 cents something else?
Would like to know what my points actually mean.

Jason Dunn
03-07-2007, 08:39 PM
No, it's not 79 cents a song, it's 79 points. 79 points = 99 cents. It's a bit confusing if you've never done anything with Xbox Live, which is all points based...

tbird
03-08-2007, 08:11 AM
No, it's not 79 cents a song, it's 79 points. 79 points = 99 cents. It's a bit confusing if you've never done anything with Xbox Live, which is all points based...
Ok........Never done anything with Xbox live....
So help me out here....Say I buy 200 points and then download 2 songs from marketplace for 79 points ( they do say 79 cents) what will my balance be?
In my way of thinking it would be 42....But what will it actually be?
Dont get me wrong, I am not trying to get nit picky about 20 cents here or there, but am more concerned about knowing if I have "X" amount of points how many songs I can download without have to buy more points.
GEEZ, my 8 track wasnt this confusing.:D

Jason Dunn
03-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Say I buy 200 points and then download 2 songs from marketplace for 79 points ( they do say 79 cents) what will my balance be?
In my way of thinking it would be 42....But what will it actually be?

It will be exactly what you said - you'll have 42 points left, which from a Zune Marketplace point of view, means you can't buy anything...today. But if you were on Xbox Live for instance, you'd be able to buy avatar pictures or other small pieces of content for around 20 points. I'm thinking that eventually the Zune Marketplace will allow for the same kind of thing - maybe indy bands will be able to upload their own music and sell it for 50 points, or 20 points. The point (hah!) of the points system is that it's much more flexible than using dollars because on iTunes for instance, every time you buy a 99 cent song, the credit card companies are making a per-transaction charge and likely a % charge as well...that is a huge limiting factor on offering less expensive pieces of content.

tbird
03-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the info!!