View Full Version : I think SONY now has finally lost my business... Everquest for the PPC - Anyone know where to get the patch and zone?

PDANEWBIE
11-25-2005, 03:14 PM
I bought all 3 of the games from SOE and Emodiv. For the first episode they had a patch and a zone expansion. I had to hard reset my device due to a bad install and thus lost what I had installed 6 months ago! Sure enough I went to their advertised page http://eqpocket.station.sony.com
and the site is DOWN! This was over 2 weeks ago and it is still down today!

It seems as though they just ripped it all down and are not supporting this product at all. I have yet to get any email back from either of these 2 companies (SOE or Emodiv) and the only thing I found was a near dead forum in SOE's webpage.

What I hate is I bought this less than 1 year ago! Is is TOO much to assume in these days that support may be provided for an item for at LEAST a year?

Anyhow I had to vent and also to ask the following -

Does ANYONE know where to get the Everquest episode 1 locked door patch and the zone expansion (maybe someone else bought it and has it on a download or something).

PDANEWBIE
11-28-2005, 02:55 PM
I just wanted to give an update that emodiv's email [email protected] (which I got directly from their website) has been bouncing since last week back to me as undeliverable (this is from 3 different email sources, my ISP, Hotmail, and G-mail).

What I want to know is how do you fight the good fight with companies when they won't even answer a phone or or an email?

Funny thing is now (as of today) the emodiv site is down same as the SOE site... Am I to think I am just doomed never to get support on this product I shelled out money for? I call shenanigans on this one.

Sad state of affairs I must say - Still hoping someone out there has this code somewhere.

PDANEWBIE
12-09-2005, 04:41 AM
Last update....

I have given up -

Emodiv.com is no longer active and has not been up since my last post - I emailed the owner of the domain site with NO response at all.

I also got a reply back from Sony saying its all supported through HANDANGO! OMP what company points a user to HANDANGO for support of their app?

Lastly just for grins I went to handango and sure enough they sell the 3 apps but they don't have any free download of patches or add-ons.

Lastly I never bought this through handango to begin with :/ so even if they were there I bet I would have a fee for download.

Bottom line if your looking to buy ANY of the PPC Everquest series don't expect support or to get any of the patches they used to have available.