View Full Version : ActiveSync moving everything an hour ahead

natecorbitt
10-14-2005, 09:43 PM
When I sync my device with my desktop, whatever I entered into the calendar in Outlook gets pushed ahead an hour. For instance, I have a meeting every Friday at 8:30 AM. I entered this into Outlook on my desktop, but when I ran ActiveSync, it moved it to 9:30. It has also done this with other appointments I have entered.

I have the time set properly on my PPC, so I'm not sure what else would cause this.

echernosky
10-14-2005, 10:10 PM
I am not an expert. I would check the following 2 settings:

1. Time zone.
2. "visiting" feature of clock settings

coolabah
10-15-2005, 05:00 AM
.....especially daylight savings setting

Darius Wey
10-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Yeah, this is most probably a timezone issue. I had a friend who had the same problem once, and it took a quick tweak of the timezone settings to fix it.

Check your Pocket PC and PC to ensure you have the correct region selected and the correct time set.

GSmith
10-15-2005, 02:15 PM
So what *is* the proper Daylight Savings settings for the PPC. I don't see it anywhere (I must be blind). I noticed that the Settings | Clock & Alarms icon allows you to change time zone to, for instance, GMT-6 Central Time Zone. The phrase "Central Time Zone" is to me ambiguous, but GMT-6 is not. So when we go to Daylight Savings (CDT), the Pocket PC time zone should essentially change to GMT-5. So do I just change the time zone to say "GMT-5 Eastern US" during Daylight Savings in the US Central Time Zone (which also requires me to adjust the clock by an hour so the correct time is displayed), or is there some simple checkbox that I'm missing.

I fully expect someone to say "uh, the Daylight Savings Switch is right there!". I just can't seem to see it.

I do not sync my Pocket PC to a desktop at all, which may also affect the answer.

Also, I know the answer has partly to do with whether you want your scheduled items to move or not when you change time zone. Although I can't seem to locate that thread on Pocket PC Thoughts.

natecorbitt
10-15-2005, 11:35 PM
So what *is* the proper Daylight Savings settings for the PPC. I don't see it anywhere (I must be blind). I noticed that the Settings | Clock & Alarms icon allows you to change time zone to, for instance, GMT-6 Central Time Zone. The phrase "Central Time Zone" is to me ambiguous, but GMT-6 is not. So when we go to Daylight Savings (CDT), the Pocket PC time zone should essentially change to GMT-5. So do I just change the time zone to say "GMT-5 Eastern US" during Daylight Savings in the US Central Time Zone (which also requires me to adjust the clock by an hour so the correct time is displayed), or is there some simple checkbox that I'm missing.

I fully expect someone to say "uh, the Daylight Savings Switch is right there!". I just can't seem to see it.

I was going to ask the same thing.

Darius Wey
10-16-2005, 03:13 AM
I think he/she was referring to the setting on the desktop. Open up the Control Panel and open up the Date & Time Properties. Select the Time Zone tab, and enable the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" box.

natecorbitt
10-16-2005, 04:21 AM
That must have been it. It wasn't checked on my desktop. Thanks for the help.

coolabah
10-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Oops, sorry my post was probably not informative enough, I was pressed for time (on the way to work) when I posted ! Also problem is I always assume people know what I mean rather than what I say !!

Thanks for the clarification Darius, and natecorbitt :glad you got it sorted.