View Full Version : Active Sync using WIFI ?

Phillip Dyson
04-16-2005, 06:14 AM
Has anyone gotten Activesync over wifi to work?

How do you do it?

Darius Wey
04-16-2005, 06:52 AM
Is this of any help? http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=285891#285891

Phillip Dyson
04-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks Darius,

Once I found the right places to make the changes it worked like a charm.
Except, now my laptop can't reach the internet. :D

It still connects to my home network but can't find any sites. :(

Darius Wey
04-17-2005, 02:15 AM
Except, now my laptop can't reach the internet. :D It still connects to my home network but can't find any sites. :(

It could be because your laptop does not have a valid IP allocated to it in the home network. It may be all well and good between it and your Pocket PC, but as far as the wider circle goes (and I'm assuming you have a router), your router may not recognise this new IP address on the network and is thus blocking WAN access on your laptop. Try accessing your router, finding which computer has which IP, and readjust everything accordingly to ensure WAN access is permitted across all computers.

Phillip Dyson
04-17-2005, 03:24 PM
When change the setting from obtain dynamic ... etc it also forces me to put in a DNS server.

I tried the router IP as the DNS but it doesn't seem to work. I can connect to the LAN but again, not sites.

If I set the laptop back to dynamic, and use the IP that the router has, then my pda can't connect.

Phillip Dyson
04-17-2005, 07:18 PM
some how it works now.
l set my router as my default gateway and dns server.

Darius Wey
04-18-2005, 01:57 AM
some how it works now.
l set my router as my default gateway and dns server.

Wheeeeeee! :way to go:

Phillip Dyson
04-18-2005, 02:17 AM
Thanks for all your help.
Now I can set my cradle on my bedside table.

After I apply electrical tape to the base to shield my girlfriend and I from the obnoxious blue aura.