View Full Version : Meye - Connected Pocket PC Locator

Janak Parekh
12-14-2004, 12:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://service.meye.org/' target='_blank'>http://service.meye.org/</a><br /><br /></div>"What is MEYE? With Meye on your Pocket PC you can see where your friends are (and find new ones, too).<br /><br />How it works:<br />1.You tell Meye where you are or let it ask your GPS unit.<br />2.Your pocket PC tells our servers where you are.<br />3. Our servers tells you where your friends are and who is near."<br /><br />I always find location-based meeting services to be of great interest, except for one major thing: none of them interoperate, so that the likelihood that you'll actually <i>find</i> someone is minimal unless you all cooperate to install the same solution on your device. Still, it's interesting and if you have a GPS and are wondering what new applications you can use it for, here's one. :)

Cybrid
12-17-2004, 07:22 PM
"What is MEYE? With Meye on your Pocket PC you can see where your friends are (and find new ones, too).

How it works:
1.You tell Meye where you are or let it ask your GPS unit.
2.Your pocket PC tells our servers where you are.
3. Our servers tells you where your friends are and who is near."

I always find location-based meeting services to be of great interest, except for one major thing: none of them interoperate, so that the likelihood that you'll actually find someone is minimal unless you all cooperate to install the same solution on your device. Still, it's interesting and if you have a GPS and are wondering what new applications you can use it for, here's one. :)
Ok, I'm having a hard time thinking up a use for this...If the app was somehow universal maybe some company would have a use for it in a where is that truck kind of way.......
I don't know why anyone would want to broadcast thier location in this manner except out in the bush where internet access would be limited anyway...
Also, you know what they say "routine is an assasin's best friend". D'you really want to be found 24/7 :snipersmile: