View Full Version : WM2K3 SE Question

GSibble
07-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey everyone! I haven't had a PPC in a while and I had a question.

When using WM2K3 SE (as on the e805 I'm thinking about buying), how does the mobile activesync work?

In other words, I'm constantly running around my office (which is entirely covered with Wi-Fi) and I want to be able to receive my email as quickly as possible.

I assume you can set it up to sync every few minutes or so over the wifi, but does that drain your battery very quickly? Does it turn on the device and drain the battery because of the screen? Or can the phone manage to check my email without turning itself on?

Thanks everyone!

-GPS

pivaska
07-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Tosh probably won't come out with se for the e800 series and they are probably not going to make them any more or get our of the market. I would do some research on what my next pda would be instead. Go to Brighthand in the forums under Pocket Pc and then under the tosh E800 and start reading about it there.

mara6
07-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Toshiba already came out with the SE upgrade for the e800, lol, like a month ago. :lol: Check Toshiba's Website.

GSibble
07-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Toshiba already came out with the SE upgrade for the e800, lol, like a month ago. :lol: Check Toshiba's Website.

That's what I thought.

Now can someone please explain to me how Exchange mail and activesync work over Wifi in WM2K3 SE? Thanks!

-GPS

Janak Parekh
07-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Not officially in the US yet. :( The European one apparently works, but I'd like to have an officially-supported version.

--janak

mrkablooey
07-19-2004, 11:21 PM
still no answer to the original question? :wink:

if I knew, I'd tell you. :?