View Full Version : Help w/ activesync

OneAngryDwarf
07-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Got a new comp and have my 2215 hooked up to it and all but for some reason it keeps disconnecting after it is done synching... i've looked around and i don't believe i have any settings set to dc at all... anybody know whats going on or how i can figure out whats going on?

rzanology
07-14-2004, 08:58 PM
uuuuummm....Open active sync on the ipaq....then go to tools...options. you'll see "when syncing remotely with a pc" Press options...then select maintain connection.

Not sure if that will help. Good luck tho

OneAngryDwarf
07-14-2004, 09:14 PM
That was the first thing i tried :(
thanks for trying though!

jimski
07-15-2004, 07:04 AM
Are you sure it is completely syncing? Last night, while packing for a road trip (perfect timing) my PPC would get halfway through it's sync and then disconnect.

The first time it happened I was not watching but was surprised it synced so fast so I forced another sync and noticed that halfway through the Inbox sync, it disconnected, without showing any errors. I suspect there is a message that ActiveSync did not like (and I didn't have time to play with it last night) so I set Inbox to not sync any messages. Tried to sync again and all was well.

I usually sync 5 days of messages and when this happens I set the days to 0 and then increment by 1 each day until I get back to 5. Just too much work trying to figure out what ActiveSync is doing.

rzanology
07-15-2004, 05:33 PM
rename the ppc. And sync again. See what happens.