View Full Version : Storage Discrepancy

daniel_ksa
01-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Everytime I sync my Zune to my computer, the desktop software says I have 1.5Gb free. On the Zune itself, when I checked the storage in the About Menu, it says 11.57Gb used and 16.19Gb free.
<O:p</O:p
One thing strange is part of the capacity bar on the Sync navigation panel has orange and gray marks where I think it means there are corrupted files in the hard disk. I suspect, these are my files that were in my Zune before I got an error message, telling me my files can’t be displayed and I have to reset.
Is there a way I can format Zune’s hard disk to free up more than 14Gb of space? Will my Zune still be usable after formatting? I have this registry hack where my Zune is listed in My Computer. Clicking the icon and right clicking the storage will bring the format option.
I am presently working in Saudi Arabia</ST1:p, I am afraid that incase something goes wrong with my Zune, I have no support to go to.

Jason Dunn
01-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Hmm. Strange problem. First, try formatting it from within the Zune desktop software - right click on your device and select format.

If that doesn't fix the problem, come back here and I'll give you a more extreme solution.

Paul Martin
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
What I discovered is that it gets messed up with the auto-synced playlists. Delete your playlists from the Zune software and the storage space magically reappears. :confused: Weird, but that's what it did for me as well. I left the sync "all" lists for music, video, and pics, but deleted the others and now the space is back.