View Full Version : iPAQ and Powerbook

BigCanoe
05-11-2004, 02:35 AM
Hi, I am trying to get wireless internet on my iPAQ 2210 via Bluetooth to my Apple Powerbook. The Powerbook sees the device and I can add it, and browse the iPAQ on the PB. But when I try and select the PB as a "Connect to the internet device" on the iPAQ, I get "Service discovery was unsuccessful" on the iPAQ.

Could it be I dont have internet sharing set up right on the Mac?

I can access the Mac's file system via Bluetooth via the iPAQ, so I know part of the Bluetooth setup is working ok.

Zack Mahdavi
05-11-2004, 04:10 AM
The way you are trying to go is pretty hard to do in general. Are you currently using PocketMac? If so, the easiest thing to do would be to set up a Bluetooth Activesync from your Pocket PC to the Powerbook. Then, you'll be able to browse the net easily.

If you don't have PocketMac, can I ask what Powerbook you're using? Is bluetooth built in, or do you have a USB dongle attached?

I have found these instructions (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20021103062212288) for you to try, but let me warn you to not do this unless you are comfortable with the terminal and UNIX commands. The instructions show you how to connect a Palm to a Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar machine. However, I think getting a Pocket PC to connect will be easy once you configure your machine correctly.

Hope this helps!