View Full Version : what´s up with the sound ???

Neo001
05-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Waassap everybody !!! I got this question that i really need to clear off my mind . . . you see i created a wav file of my favorite movie " The Matrix " a small piece of " calm like a bomb " but . . . when it sounds as a reminder ( thats what i wanted it for . . . ) it doesnt stop until it plays the whole 13 seconds ( i gave it that much , i know i can make it shorter ) but like i said what i can really understand its why if i use some sounds that i found for my 2215 they stop as soon as i press " dismissed " :helpme: :mecry: why is that ?? they are almost the same size , my file is 258 kb and the other one that does stop is 235 kb , please help !!!

p.s. If anybody out there has a good matrix wav i can use as my reminder sound please do share . . . !!! [email protected] thanks !!!!

Kacey Green
05-03-2004, 01:49 PM
pressing dismiss tells the PPC that you have heard it and want the reminder to stop

your solution would be to wait 13 seconds (the length of the wav) before pressing dismiss

Neo001
05-04-2004, 07:31 AM
ckacey . . . :clap:

Hi there . . . thanks for answering my question . . . so , theres no way i can get it to stop huh ?? i guess i was really hoping that there was a way i didnt have to hear all . . . thanks anyways !!!

Kacey Green
05-04-2004, 11:34 AM
you can clip it in windows sound recorder or a more advanced program

in SR play 'till you want it to start and select from the menu "Delete all before this point"
Then play till you want it to stop and click "delet all after this point"

Save as a new file and set your device to use it.

Neo001
05-05-2004, 07:49 AM
@ . . . Kacey Green

Thanks dude . . . :werenotworthy: i did it !!!! just like you said . . . so like i said , thanks !!! :rock on dude!:

Kacey Green
05-05-2004, 12:08 PM
My pleasure, after all the help I receive the least I can do is help someone else!

Plus it makes me warm inside to help someone 8)