View Full Version : Is there a synchronization program for Linux???

americaneagle
04-22-2004, 03:46 AM
I am wondering if anyone knows of a synchronization program for Linux. Grin, I know some of you are wondering why a Linux user would want to use a Pocket PC instead of Palm device. In three words "Pocket PC Rocks!".

Zidane
04-22-2004, 03:21 PM
There is, if you're interested in syncing with Evolution. First, get Synce (http://synce.sourceforge.net). This will allow you to connect your PocketPC to your Linux box. If you're using Gentoo, then there are ebuilds available for it.

The program comes with some commandline tools for interacting with your device. Also, there are Gnome and KDE packages which will integrate Synce directly into your desktop, similar to Activesync.

After you've gotten Synce set up, get Multisync (available from the same URL). That's the component for connectivity with Evolution. There are full instructions on how to set it up on the website. I haven't been playing with this as I have an all KDE desktop right now.

I heard someone was possibly working on a Kontact synchronization tool. However, that could just be my wishful thinking.

Good luck!