View Full Version : Flash Player for PocketPC

Evangelist
04-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Greetings! I have an awesome Dell Axim X3i running Windows Mobile 2003. I downloaded and installed Macromedia Flash Player for Windows Mobile 2003 this morning. The program installed fine on my Dell; however, when I go to a website that had Flash movies, I still get the message: "Get Macromedia Flash Player! www.macromedia. com"! I have reinstalled the Flash player software twice and get the same results. Any ideas, comments, suggestions, solutions??? Thanks and God Bless!

zapp
04-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Did you install it on a memory card, or in "main memory"? I have it installed and have no problems. Some programs, for some reason, require being installed in main memory. If you've installed it on a memory card, you'll have to completely uninstall it first, or ActiveSync will remember where you last installed it (I think). To uninstall it completely, select it and click "Remove " in the Add/Remove programs window of ActiveSync.

Evangelist
04-10-2004, 11:23 PM
8O Thanks, zapp, for the quick reply...and sure enuff, it was stored on the card. However, I am not sure how to specify that it be stored in "main memory"?? Can you help me out? Or somebody? Thanks and God Bless!

zapp
04-10-2004, 11:56 PM
put your ppc in the cradle, and in activesync open the add/remove programs window (under Tools menu), select macromedia flash player in the list, and click the remove button below. This uninstalls it from both the ppc and the desktop. Now re-run the installer for it you downloaded, only when it asks "Do you want to install this in the default location", click yes. it will be installed somewhere like \Program Files\Macromedia Flash Player\

Evangelist
04-11-2004, 01:11 AM
:?: Thanks, zapp, for your responses! Not sure what's going on...I have tried clicking 'yes' to the default location and the flash player app gets installed in the storage card. I have tried clicking 'no' then it gives you the choice of 'main' or 'storage card' and i chose 'main' and it STILL was located in the storage card memory. Weird? I know because I went into the Remove Programs and there it was. I have removed it and installed it several times, with no success. ActiveSync is working great and no other problems. Any more ideas? Thanks and God Bless!