View Full Version : IPaq 5455 and WiFi signal software

bspeed
02-01-2004, 11:08 PM
I am using a 5455 and I recalled I used to have software on my device that would show the signal strength of the WiFi connection in the lower part of the screen. Now, it seems to have disappeared.
Can anyone recommend any software that will measure the WiFi signal strength?

Thanks

Bob

kevhead
02-02-2004, 03:13 AM
Not only did you loose signal strength, you lost the connection profile manager that is a requirement for a handheld. Big loss!!!

Im going to try and just copy over the old connection manager to WM 2003 and see if it will work at all - I doubt it highly since the connections are now handled by this "ZERO" configuration that takes MORE effort to CONFIG!

I just hate loosing a good thing after an upgrade. im going to call WM 2003 a downgrade from now on.

bspeed
02-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Thanks for giving me the bad news! <G>
It's strange there isn't any shareware or software that allows you to see this information on your screen as you go from one area to another.

Bob

BobWitt
02-03-2004, 05:12 AM
I have a 4155 and am using "PocketWiNc" by Cirond Technologies...

See: http://www.cirond.com/site/products/wifispotter.htm

It allows me to see all available APs - Signal Strength, Lock and SSID transmission, configure 64 or 128 bit keys, select which network to connect to, Ping, Release and refresh IP, test internet connectivity...

It also has a 30 day trial - I'm buying when mine is done...

Good Luck

BobWitt

bspeed
02-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Bob,
Thanks! I downloaded it to see what it can do. It looks like what I need!

Thanks again

Bob