View Full Version : General Palm to PPC watchouts/tips

rgribbons
02-01-2004, 10:24 PM
I have a Palm Tungsten T and am considering switching to a 2210 in light of all the problems the T3 is seeing and I am curious to see what the other side is like. I have found loads of interesting things on this site but I am just wondering is there any general watchouts or tips people have in makeing the switch.
I think I remember reading that if the ipaq battery drains completely all info is lost, is this true as it doesn't happen on palms?
Sorry for the general post but I'm just throwing it out there to see what usefulk info people have.

Fishie
02-02-2004, 04:13 AM
I have a Palm Tungsten T and am considering switching to a 2210 in light of all the problems the T3 is seeing and I am curious to see what the other side is like. I have found loads of interesting things on this site but I am just wondering is there any general watchouts or tips people have in makeing the switch.
I think I remember reading that if the ipaq battery drains completely all info is lost, is this true as it doesn't happen on palms?
Sorry for the general post but I'm just throwing it out there to see what usefulk info people have.

Nah that happens on the Palmīs as well.

Data in RAM is lost, data in ROM will remain.
Most PPCs come with user accesible rom so you can put stuff you absolutely dont want to lose there.