View Full Version : Time for an Avatar change for Janak Parekh?

famousdavis
01-30-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm going to be a little cheeky, admittedly. :mrgreen:

I enjoy looking at everyone's various Avatars. They're so varied and many are so interesting. Surgical Snack's avatar is so unique, Kati Compton's avatar so mystical, and Jason's avatar so powerful (it virtually shouts -- Don't Mess With ME!).

And then there's Janak's avatar. The man who is only behind Jason for the number of posts in these forums. So we see a LOT of Janak's avatar, don't we?

And that's just the problem. We see a LOT of an UGLY IBM PC desktop avatar in these forums.

IBM PCs from the early 80s are ugly machines. They're boxy and have no style to them whatsoever. We've come a long way from the old, style-less, IBM ATs to the elegant style of, say, the slim and contoured iPAQ 1900 and 4000 series, haven't we? :wink:

Since I see Janak's great posts throughout this forum, I'd rather prefer to see him use a better-looking avatar -- maybe something powerful, like Jason's, maybe something amusing, like Steve's, maybe something ethreal, like Kati's. Something. Anything. Something better than an old IBM desktop.

What do you think? Remember, you can vote anonomously! :)

If indeed the polls provide Janak with convincing proof he's ready to update his look, the next poll might be to whittle down some contenders for him! :D

JackTheTripper
01-30-2004, 06:43 PM
You should provide an example:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/images/avatars/10294937833f05c4b7496ed.gif

And if the vote is yes maybe there should be a contest to design him a new one.

peppzilla
01-30-2004, 06:48 PM
I remember that he had an explanation for his avatar. I think someone asked him about it when he bacame a moderator. I can't remember what it was, but I remember it being a pretty good explanation. I always like avatars that have explanations behind them.

Which reminds me, I need to make mine a little better.

dean_shan
01-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Never Janak! Keep your avatar. Don't give into davis.

Steven Cedrone
01-30-2004, 07:12 PM
From the "Why did you pick your avatar thread": (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4872&)

Avatars have been one of the great features added to webboards in the last few years. This site is no exception, and I've noticed a lot of avatars; some of them make obvious sense, and others don't.

So, why'd you pick your avatar?

Let me start with myself: I started playing with computers around 3 with a Timex Sinclair (anyone remember that?). I "graduated" to a Commodore around 4, and we had our first PC clone shortly thereafter (an Eagle PC, does anyone remember that? ;)) The PC was one of the first units I actually did serious work on. In fact I did some simple word processing consulting for friends and relatives on the PC before I was in high school (even then, there were all those people that said "how do I print" :P) So, I set my avatar as a PC to represent the amount of time I spent with them.

What's scary is, we probably have one or two still-working original PC 5150's in the attic somewhere. Admittedly, I don't use one anymore ;)

--bdj

David Prahl
01-30-2004, 07:22 PM
It always takes me a few weeks to get used to a new Avatar from someone as "big" as Janak. I usually glance at just the Avatars, and only read the names if none is given.

But now that he's a MVP maybe he should add a gold star to it. :D

Janak Parekh
01-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Never Janak! Keep your avatar. Don't give into davis.
I don't intend to. :mrgreen: I might change what's on the monitor, though. I've also gotten advice to tint it green or amber. You're welcome to provide me feedback, famousdavis, but don't expect it to get anywhere. :razzing: The PC might have been a clunker in various ways, but it really defined the microcomputer generation, one we're still mostly in. ;)

--janak

Janak Parekh
01-30-2004, 07:31 PM
Nah - I'm still the same person despite getting the MVP, and I wouldn't want to change any of my habits in any way. :)

--janak

Pat Logsdon
01-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Nah - I'm still the same person despite getting the MVP, and I wouldn't want to change any of my habits in any way. :)
Except for the one where you're going to start saying "BWAHAHAHAHA" at the beginning of every sentence? :wink:

Add me to the list of those who think you should keep your current avatar. I've seen your avatar for so long now that changing it would be sacrilege - like Jason changing his avatar to Aquaman or something <shudder>.

David Prahl
01-30-2004, 07:57 PM
What about putting the blue screen of death on it?

GoldKey
01-30-2004, 08:01 PM
I like the irony of the new high tech PDA displayed on the old high tech PC. Good reminder of our roots. Keep it just the way it is.

Kati Compton
01-30-2004, 10:21 PM

If you do change it, change it to a C64 floppy drive. :twisted: That'll teach 'em!

"mystical"? ;)

Dave Beauvais
01-30-2004, 11:02 PM
The Mystical Cracked Egg, I guess. ;)

suhit
01-30-2004, 11:18 PM
Janak keeps telling me that he has been playing with computers since he was 5. So I vote for his avatar to be a picture of a tiny little Janak playing with a Commodore 64 or some such :twisted: (though since I cannot picture Janak without his moustache, 'tiny little Janak' will have to have one photoshop'd on :lol:, oh, I am so bad!)

Suhit

Janak Parekh
01-30-2004, 11:28 PM
What about putting the blue screen of death on it?
Maybe, but believe it or not, that's cliche now. 8O

oh, I am so bad
:twak: Yes, :twak: you :twak: are. :twak:

--janak

Pat Logsdon
01-31-2004, 12:04 AM
oops! :oops:

JustinGTP
01-31-2004, 12:09 AM
How's this?

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/ppcc/janak.jpg

:lol: For you David, but not literally

-Justin.

JustinGTP
01-31-2004, 12:10 AM
oh, I am so bad
:twak: Yes, :twak: you :twak: are. :twak:
Too late....

http://www.mybunny.org/images/babyjanak.jpg

:mrgreen:

Oh, Surgical... :lol:

JA
01-31-2004, 02:06 AM
Oh, Surgical... :lol:

What happened to: "Stop trying to raise your post count with posts that contain no value :evil: " JA

David Prahl
01-31-2004, 02:17 AM
How's this?

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/ppcc/janak.jpg

:lol: For you David, but not literally

-Justin.

Nice work! I'd take it as my own avatar if it didn't have "Janak" on it and he hadn't used it for the past few years. I made a "blue screen" avatar too, but was too lazy to upload it onto FTP space and link to it.

famousdavis
01-31-2004, 03:02 AM
Honda,

Can you work some magic into Janak's avatar that would spice up an IBM AT (if that's possible)? Tilt it off-center, rotate if off the horizontal plane, zoom in and crop off part of the boxy base, overlay the desktop with a watermarked monitor....I have it in my head, but I can't create it.

famousdavis
01-31-2004, 03:15 AM

:oops:

Two confessions:

1) I created the poll at work today, and I was rushing to post it. I just thought about the avatars belonging to well-known members of this community, and that have impressed me. When I referred to Kati's avatar, I couldn't think of an adjective to describe it, so I just wrote "mystical."

2) This is the really embarrassing part. :oops: Until today, whenever I looked at Kati's avatar, I saw a squat sunset with the silohette of a stark tree branch! I always wondered why Kati chose such an avatar! Is that too funny, or what!? :lol:

Kati Compton
01-31-2004, 04:43 AM
Janak keeps telling me that he has been playing with computers since he was 5. So I vote for his avatar to be a picture of a tiny little Janak playing with a Commodore 64 or some such :twisted: (though since I cannot picture Janak without his moustache, 'tiny little Janak' will have to have one photoshop'd on :lol:, oh, I am so bad!)
Oh, I bet a moustache could be Photoshopped onto one of his baby pictures...

Kati Compton
01-31-2004, 04:44 AM
:twak:

CAT.

CAT.

CAT.

Kati Compton
01-31-2004, 04:46 AM
1) I created the poll at work today, and I was rushing to post it. I just thought about the avatars belonging to well-known members of this community, and that have impressed me. When I referred to Kati's avatar, I couldn't think of an adjective to describe it, so I just wrote "mystical."Yes, but what you don't know, is that I'm actually a being from the Other Side, sent here specifically to keep a watch on these forums...

:lol:

2) This is the really embarrassing part. :oops: Until today, whenever I looked at Kati's avatar, I saw a squat sunset with the silohette of a stark tree branch! I always wondered why Kati chose such an avatar! Is that too funny, or what!? :lol:
Everybody sees what they want to, I suppose. That's what makes it "art". I think. ;)

Kati Compton
01-31-2004, 04:47 AM
Except for the one where you're going to start saying "BWAHAHAHAHA" at the beginning of every sentence? :wink:
No, I'm afraid he's not allowed to do that until he finishes his PhD.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Pat Logsdon
01-31-2004, 04:57 AM
I created the poll at work today, and I was rushing to post it. I just thought about the avatars belonging to well-known members of this community, and that have impressed me.
Why thank you! :wink:

Until today, whenever I looked at Kati's avatar, I saw a squat sunset with the silohette of a stark tree branch! I always wondered why Kati chose such an avatar! Is that too funny, or what!? :lol:
Kati's avatar is like clouds - different people see different things...

Janak Parekh
01-31-2004, 06:31 AM
No, I'm afraid he's not allowed to do that until he finishes his PhD.
Er...

Yes, mom. :razzing:

--janak

Janak Parekh
01-31-2004, 06:32 AM
Can you work some magic into Janak's avatar that would spice up an IBM AT (if that's possible)?
Hey! What's wrong with my model 5150 PC? ;)

--janak

Kati Compton
01-31-2004, 07:00 AM
Yes, mom. :razzing:
...don't forget your gloves when you go outside!

Hyperluminal
02-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Personally, I like Janak's avatar. :P
It's not bright and flashy, but it's not really supposed to be. I think that's the point. That PC is dull-looking, and so is the background. But that's kind of the point of the picture, to me at least.
To convey the plainness of the original IBM PC...

Kati Compton
02-02-2004, 01:56 AM
I think that's the point. That PC is dull-looking, and so is ...
...Janak.

<duck & run>

Janak Parekh
02-02-2004, 01:57 AM
...Janak.
Eh, that's probably true. Who else sits in their office on a Sunday night, Superbowl night at that? ;)

<duck & run>
Why? You're more than 1,000 miles away from me...

--janak

Hyperluminal
02-02-2004, 05:53 AM
...Janak.
Eh, that's probably true. Who else sits in their office on a Sunday night, Superbowl night at that? ;)
:twak: I trust you at least watched the commercials... :lol:

Hyperluminal
02-02-2004, 05:54 AM
Though I should be one to speak.. I only watched the last half hour, and mostly for the commercials... :D

famousdavis
02-02-2004, 06:09 AM
Janak, you don't, by chance, drive a Honda Element (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23940), do you?

Jeff Rutledge
02-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Janak, you don't, by chance, drive a Honda Element (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23940), do you?

:rotfl:

JustinGTP
02-02-2004, 06:22 AM
Since we are on the topic of Avatars, unlike JR and famousdavis.. uh umm...,

Look at my new one. Simple. Colourful. Me!

-Justin.

dean_shan
02-02-2004, 06:24 AM

Nice I like this one better then your old one. I like how you match your sig with your Avatar. Good work Justin.

JustinGTP
02-02-2004, 06:28 AM
Why thankyou!

As you can probably tell, I switch it up a lot. I don't like having the same avatar. Change is good!

I like to match them both :D My last one was "too asian" in my opinion, I am not a fan of the anime stuff...

-Justin.

Even though my screen name is Honda_Civic_Si, I am not chinese! Im British and now Canadian! :D

Jeff Rutledge
02-02-2004, 06:28 AM

-Justin.

Honda: Did you get hired as a moderator and I missed the announcement?

JustinGTP
02-02-2004, 06:29 AM
Sorry to disappoint JR, no moderator here bud!

Janak Parekh
02-02-2004, 06:43 AM
Honda, Honda, Honda. I hate to explain this, but you totally missed out on JR's sarcasm. Reread.

And no, famousdavis, I don't. What else do you want to guess about me? ;) First lousy avatars, then lousy cars. What now, my breath smells bad and I need to switch toothpaste? :razzing:

--janak

Kati Compton
02-02-2004, 07:12 AM

I'm sorry, the topic of the thread is Janak's avatar...

;)

famousdavis
02-02-2004, 07:16 AM
And no, famousdavis, I don't. What else do you want to guess about me? ;) First lousy avatars, then lousy cars. What now, my breath smells bad and I need to switch toothpaste? :razzing:

--janak

:rofl: :lol:

By golly, I don't know why, but I feel at perfect liberty to razz you for absolutely no good reason, Janak. I guess you just seem less intimidating to me than Jason -- IBM ATs just aren't as fearsome as superheros or whatever it is that Jason uses as his avatar. Too, I figure after posting several thousand times to these forums, you've probably learned to deal with thorns-in-the-flesh such as I've been towards you these past few days. I trust you know I'm doing it all in fun. :)

If it makes you feel any better, I drive a 13-year-old Mazda pick-up truck, which has never spent a night in a garage and yet it still looks better than a Honda Element....but I dare not say any more on this matter, as I don't want to stray off topic or else Honda might snip at me. :wink:

...to say nothing of what the Mystic Egg might do! :lol:

Kati Compton
02-02-2004, 07:22 AM
:twisted:

Janak Parekh
02-02-2004, 05:00 PM
I trust you know I'm doing it all in fun. :)
Of course. I actually reread my last comment just to make sure it was sufficiently tongue-in-cheek as well. ;)

8O Don't go dissin' the Mystic Egg! You don't want the wrath of Kati's Kats on you...

--janak

Jeff Rutledge
02-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Don't go dissin' the Mystic Egg! You don't want the wrath of Kati's Kats on you...

--janak

Seriously, heed this warning. I spoke badly of the mystic egg once. I was coughing up furballs for days!

Pat Logsdon
02-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Don't go dissin' the Mystic Egg! You don't want the wrath of Kati's Kats on you...

--janak

Seriously, heed this warning. I spoke badly of the mystic egg once. I was coughing up furballs for days!

And the fleas! My....god...the fleas were like.....a plague of locusts....

so scratchy...

famousdavis
02-02-2004, 05:24 PM

--janak

And the fleas! My....god...the fleas were like.....a plague of locusts....

so scratchy...

I usually get one good belly laugh a day, and your two posts combined exceeded my usual quota! Thanks! :)

Janak Parekh
02-02-2004, 05:56 PM
And the fleas! My....god...the fleas were like.....a plague of locusts....so scratchy...
[The above spoken in Strong Bad's voice]

--janak

Kati Compton
02-02-2004, 06:17 PM
8O Don't go dissin' the Mystic Egg! You don't want the wrath of Kati's Kats on you...
Yes, when I'm really mad I might RELEASE THE CATS OF WAR!

Or the kitties of skirmish, anyway. ;)

Kati Compton
02-02-2004, 06:18 PM
And the fleas! My....god...the fleas were like.....a plague of locusts....so scratchy...
[The above spoken in Strong Bad's voice]
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I can actually imagine that QUITE well.

Hey! It's Monday! Time to check if there's a new SB email.

JustinGTP
02-03-2004, 03:04 AM
Honda, Honda, Honda. I hate to explain this, but you totally missed out on JR's sarcasm. Reread.

--janak]

Do you really think that I came up river on a push bike? I do get the point and I didn't want to make anything more of it. That's what I said.

FamousDavis, Im not a Honda Lovin' guy, I'm not too sure if I like Hondas anymore, this was just a screen name I invented when I liked Honda Civics.

Im actually thinking of getting my name changed to just "Justin" since everyone here has been having problems recognizing that my name isn't Honda!

-Justin.

Janak Parekh
02-03-2004, 03:28 AM
Do you really think that I came up river on a push bike? I do get the point and I didn't want to make anything more of it. That's what I said.
Well, generally, either one makes a tongue-in-cheek response, or doesn't respond. Somehow,

lacks that tongue-in-cheekiness.

Im actually thinking of getting my name changed to just "Justin" since everyone here has been having problems recognizing that my name is Honda!
Nah, it's just that "Honda" is catchy. People still call me "BDJ" at times... based on my previous handle here on PPCT. That's the risk one takes with inventing avatar names...

--janak

Steven Cedrone
02-03-2004, 04:16 AM
...since everyone here has been having problems recognizing that my name is Honda!

See, I knew your name was Honda! :wink:

Steve

Pat Logsdon
02-03-2004, 04:17 AM
People still call me "BDJ" at times... based on my previous handle here on PPCT. That's the risk one takes with inventing avatar names...
Oh no! I can see it now - I'm 90 years old and people are still calling me "Mr. Snack". :)

Good thing it's more interesting than my real name... :mrgreen:

dean_shan
02-03-2004, 06:30 AM
Oh no! I can see it now - I'm 90 years old and people are still calling me "Mr. Snack". :)

:rofl:

Janak Parekh
02-03-2004, 07:07 AM
"Mr. Snack"
Actually, I proposed (and Kati approves) that you should henceforth be called Seņor Snack. :lol:

--janak

Pat Logsdon
02-03-2004, 07:16 AM
"Mr. Snack"
Actually, I proposed (and Kati approves) that you should henceforth be called Seņor Snack. :lol:
Hey, that's fine with me! I pride myself on being multicultural. Snack-san, Monseur Snack, Signore Snack...all good, although I think I would draw the line at Herr Snack... :mrgreen:

famousdavis
02-03-2004, 08:25 AM
"Mr. Snack"
Hey, that's fine with me! I pride myself on being multicultural. Snack-san, Monseur Snack, Signore Snack...all good, although I think I would draw the line at Herr Snack... :mrgreen:

:rofl:

My last laugh of the night was provided me by the person who gave me my first laugh of the day! Thanks, Senior Snack. :mrgreen:

Janak Parekh
02-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Senior Snack.
Whoa. 8O That has a totally different implication, especially in regards to the age thread. :lol:

--janak

famousdavis
02-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Senior Snack.
Whoa. 8O That has a totally different implication, especially in regards to the age thread. :lol:

--janak

:twisted: That was no accident, my IBM AT friend! You didn't think I just pick on you, do you?! :twisted:

Janak Parekh
02-03-2004, 07:44 PM
:twisted: That was no accident, my IBM AT friend! You didn't think I just pick on you, do you?! :twisted:
Nope -- you pick on IBM too -- that's a PC, not an AT. :razzing:

--janak

famousdavis
02-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Nope -- you pick on IBM too -- that's a PC, not an AT. :razzing:

--janak

See what I mean? See what I mean about your need for a new avatar?! Who can tell whether it's an IBM PC or IBM AT?!

I see the vote is tied up 10-10 for a new avatar. I was hoping for a more crushing and convincing outcry for change. Darn you and your cronies.....

:wink:

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Everyone should put their REAL pictures up on this site :evil:

We could be like... Stalkers.

PocketPCStalker.com

Kati Compton
02-03-2004, 07:55 PM
Staff pictures are up: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/about.php

;)

Janak Parekh
02-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey, my pic is on this site. And so is Kati's. You just have to find it. (And everyone else is forbidden from telling him where. ;))

--janak

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 08:13 PM
I'm afraid to look for them! Don't know what they might look like :shocked!:

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kati Compton
02-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Really, I think a lot of the admins have their pics up *somewhere*.

Kati Compton
02-03-2004, 08:16 PM
"Mr. Snack"
Just as long as it's not Scooby Snack, right? ;)

Janak Parekh
02-03-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm afraid to look for them! Don't know what they might look like :shocked!:
Well, Kati's small, orange, and furry, right? ;)

--janak

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 08:17 PM
To conclude my statement, most of those people in the about thingy look like they are on drugs :pukeface: (he's smoking, not puking)

Edit: and honestly, in my opinion, Kati looks like she's eating herself :)

Edit #2: I guess you could call it... hmmm... moderating :wink:

Kati Compton
02-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Edit: and honestly, in my opinion, Kati looks like she's eating herself :)
I never was that good at yoga. I'm afraid sometimes a sleeping cat is just a mystical egg.

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 08:24 PM
I did not mean that in a sick way :|

Kati Compton
02-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Okay - well, we should be talking about Janak's avatar here anyway. ;)

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 08:41 PM
I think the avatar is cool. I do agree with the monitor image change though. Ick 8O It looks like a tombstone for Pocket PC's.

Pat Logsdon
02-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Actually, I proposed (and Kati approves) that you should henceforth be called Seņor Snack. :lol:Hey, that's fine with me! I pride myself on being multicultural. Snack-san, Monseur Snack, Signore Snack...all good, although I think I would draw the line at Herr Snack... :mrgreen:Just as long as it's not Scooby Snack, right? ;)
Absolutely! I always thought they took that joke a bit far. I mean, yeah, he's a dog, and dogs like treats, but come on...refusing to solve a crime until someone gives you a snack? That's blackmail! :wink:

Back to the avatar - it might be cool to add HAL 9000's "eye" in the middle of Janak's screen. Or maybe David Hasselhoff. Can't go wrong with David Hasselhoff. :mrgreen:

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Guten Morgen, Herr und Frau!

Ich heisse Dmac. Ihr habt problems. Wie geht's?

famousdavis
02-03-2004, 11:00 PM
I finally see it! I finally see it!

After Goldkey mentioned in another thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23946&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10) that Kati's avatar is a cat (not a mystic egg -- who would have known?), all I could see was the outline of half a cat, but I didn't realize that the whole darn egg is really a curled up kitty!

But I see it now, I see it now!

Now maybe if I look more closely at Janak's avatar, I'll see something other than an ugly IBM AT, errr, IBM PC.

:)

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 11:04 PM
I could have identified it as a fox.

Kati Compton
02-03-2004, 11:12 PM
all I could see was the outline of half a cat
Which half? 8O

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Where did you get the kitty/egg/fox anyway, Kati?

Pat Logsdon
02-03-2004, 11:21 PM
all I could see was the outline of half a cat
Which half? 8O

Pat Logsdon
02-03-2004, 11:23 PM
This is just a stab in the dark, but I'll take a shot:

a) She likes cats
b) "Kat" is in her name

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 11:27 PM
The pic.

Janak Parekh
02-03-2004, 11:28 PM
The pic.
Ah! She made it herself, IIRC. Better art than I could ever come up with...

--janak

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 11:39 PM
heh heh...

I'm evil.... :twisted:

Edit: only temporary :roll:

Edit #2: mine is REALLY crappy :wink:

Edit #3: ok it has been there for like... thirty seconds and I'm already getting pop-up ads to get it off :cry:

Jeff Rutledge
02-03-2004, 11:43 PM
I finally see it! I finally see it!

Kati: You can't change your avatar ever. If nothing else, it's gotta be fun to know that your pic is responsible for a (small) personal epiphany for everyone on this board at one time or another. ;)

Pat Logsdon
02-03-2004, 11:49 PM
heh heh...

I'm evil.... :twisted:

Edit: only temporary :roll:

Edit #2: mine is REALLY crappy :wink:

Edit #3: ok it has been there for like... thirty seconds and I'm already getting pop-up ads to get it off :cry:
<nerd joke>
It's too bad it's at the wrong angle to put a little beard on it. Then it would be AUTHENTICALLY from an alternate evil universe...
</nerd joke>

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 11:52 PM
What? A beard? 8O

Edit: Now it looks like that's on drugs...

Jeff Rutledge
02-03-2004, 11:54 PM
What? A beard? 8O

Edit: Now it looks like that's on drugs...

Now it looks like the Devil doing Yoga or something...

JustinGTP
02-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Ok, you guys are starting to creep me out. You have been talkin about avatars, old IBMs, possessed Yoga Dogs/foxes/cat/kitties and avatars for over 5 pages!

Well will the madness end? :roll:

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 11:59 PM
NOW it is the devil doing yoga.

And look! It has a Pocket PC. Awwww.

Jeff Rutledge
02-04-2004, 12:05 AM
What's funny is that you're to change you Avatar back or to something new and then these last few posts will make absolutely no sense...

JustinGTP
02-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Well Dmacs image is getting confused about where its coming from, it now has a halo...

And, are you doing that in Paint? It looks pretty Pixely!

dmacburry2003
02-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Of course I'm doing it in paint. I changed it about six times in the last five minutes. PS is not capable of that speed.

It looks pixely? :oops: :cry:

Pat Logsdon
02-04-2004, 12:41 AM
What? A beard? 8O
Indeed, a beard. :mrgreen:

Briefly, the joke referred to a Star Trek:TOS episode called "Mirror, Mirror (http://www.bbc-worldwide-americas.com/a/6300213439/Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-Episode-39-Mirror-Mirror.html)", where the crew encountered their evil counterparts from an alternate dimension. The way you could tell the evil Spock from the good Spock was that the evil Spock had a little beard (http://www.stdimension.de/Guide/sttos/tos039.jpg).

More pics of this episode here (http://www.trek5.com/caps/tos/39_MM/index.htm).

(Evil Sulu (http://www.trek5.com/caps/tos/39_MM/pages/39_MM-139.htm) is particular amusing).

dmacburry2003
02-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Hey is that Janak????

Janak Parekh
02-04-2004, 01:53 AM
Hey is that Janak????
Tongue-in-cheek humor is one thing, lame jokes are another. :?

I'm locking this thread now -- it's totally outlived its purpose, and has been derailed by several individuals.

--janak

Kati Compton
02-04-2004, 03:16 AM
This is just a stab in the dark, but I'll take a shot:

a) She likes cats
b) "Kat" is in her name

Bingo! Seņor Snack wins a cookie. ;)