View Full Version : 4155 and wireless syncing

Biker
01-29-2004, 09:36 PM
I have been told by HP tech support that nothing is wrong, but still can't sync wirelessly with my iPAQ. I believe that I need a static IP address for the host in order to communicate. They tell me DHCP is fine. Even their documtation indicates that a static address is necessary. I can't find a screen in the iPAQ that allows for entry of an IP address for the host, only a name. I can connect to the web on both my laptop and the iPAQ just can't sync. Need any suggestions that you may have.

prototype
01-30-2004, 01:44 AM
Are both machines running wireless?? The Ipaq and the PC?

I have had trouble in the past with my laptop when BOTH are running wireless. I can even ping the IP addresses from of the other machine from both sides ... however active sync immediately says it is not connected.

I found one I plug the laptop in with a hardwire network connection it does work.

-Drew

zamus68
01-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Are you synching with two machines. If your using the synch cradle at work and doing a WiFi sync at home then you might need to go into the ActiveSync interface on your PPC. Click on Tools then options. You should see a when syncing remotely with a PC use this PC. There's a drop down arrow. Tap it and select your home PC and then tap OK. Now synch without issues (hopefully).

hope this helps.