View Full Version : 4100 series and wireless keyboards - can they coexist

ScottSherman
01-29-2004, 08:04 PM
I bought a wireless keyboard from Targus for my 4150. The package said "works with all PPC 2003 handlhelds." Well, it didn't. The Ipaq went crazy when the keyboard driver was enabled, flashing through a hundred screens, opening programs by itself - total exorcist city.

I called Targus, and they directed to a compatability chart on their webpage which listed every Ipaq EXCEPT the 4100 series. Weird.

So, I ordered a wireless keyboard from Think Outside, and guess what? This one doesn't work either! The don't have a technical support number (grrrrrrrrrrrr), but I sent them an email with a request they call back.

I wonder if it's my specific Ipaq that's wonky, or I just got a bad keyboard, or what. Anyone using a wireless keyboard with a 4100 series?

Janak Parekh
01-29-2004, 09:26 PM
I assume you're using the very latest version of the driver? If so, email Think Outside and see what they say.

--janak

rugerx
01-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Arrgh I hate that no support number bull.

No support number = none of my cash.

ScottSherman
01-30-2004, 03:11 AM
Thanks for your replies. Listen to how bad this gets - not only won't Think Outside take your tech support phone calls, but get this response they sent me:

"Thank you for emailing Support at Think Outside, Inc. Due to the volume of e-mails we receive, the current expected response time is 1 week.

We apologize for any inconvenience. "

How bad is that?

And yes, I did get the latest driver off the web, they don't work either.

ignar
01-30-2004, 03:26 AM
Maybe a conflict with other software? I use ThinkOutside wireless keyboard with my 4150. No problem here. The keyboard is actually a Palm Wireless Keyboard, which I believe is identical to the pocketpc version. The keyboard works for both iPaq 4150 and Treo 600.

Tripz
01-30-2004, 09:11 AM
when u guys say wireless, do u mean IR or bluetooth? I was looking at a belkin foldable IR keyboard but wasn't too sure it would work. some ppc's have the IR eye on top, some on the bottom and some on the side. do u actually have to aim the keyboard at the eye?

ScottSherman
01-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Ignar, thanks for the post. I"m glad to hear someone can make the keyboard work - maybe my Ipaq is wonky.

It's an infrared keyboard.