View Full Version : iPAQ foldable keyboard features

Robb Bates
01-27-2004, 07:33 PM
I have the iPAQ foldable keyboard for my h2215. I got it from a friend but he didn't have a manual for it.

Other than the obvious features included in the keyboard software utility, what other features does this keyboard have?

I know it can launch the programs that are silkscreened onto the keys such as Inbox, Word, Excel, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Contacts, Today and iTask. I also know of certain CTRL keystrokes such as CTRL-X,C,V (Cut, Copy, Paste)

What else is there? Does anyone have a manual? Or can someone send me a link to one? I can't seem to find one on HP's website.

What about accessing the menus? Tap-n-hold equivalent keystroke? Using the word completion feature? I can go up and down the list of suggested words, but can't select them.

Help me out here, please.

Robb

tvalentin
01-28-2004, 12:09 AM
I have the cd with the manual. If you Send me a message with your email address and whether you want the manual for english UK or US, i'll send it to you.

I'm not sure about the word completion features. I don't use it with the keyboard but perhaps if you press tab like in MS Word's autocomplete.

Anyone know if you can change the built in Task button on the keyboard to launch e.g. Agenga fusion tasks instrad of the built in one?

Hope this is helpful.

Tom

Robb Bates
01-28-2004, 03:23 PM
HP definitely needs to update this driver. There are so many features they could have included but didn't.

We should mount a campaign to get it updated.

I'd like everyone that has this keyboard or has an interest in this to please post features you would like to see added/changed/deleted from this driver and I'll compile them and try to contact HP to get it updated. I'll keep you updated with my progress.

Feature request:

1) User modifiable Fn key combinations with ALL keys
2) Word completion accessability
3) Menu key
4) Macros/Shortcut
5) Automatic enable/disable upon connection/detachment of external keyboard SIP with options

Bug fix:
1) Arrow keys don't work after moving cursor location to edit previous text in Pocket Word

Robb

Dazbot
01-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Feature request:

1) User modifiable Fn key combinations with ALL keys
2) Word completion accessability
3) Menu key
4) Macros/Shortcut
5) Automatic enable/disable upon connection/detachment of external keyboard SIP with options

Bug fix:
1) Arrow keys don't work after moving cursor location to edit previous text in Pocket Word

Robb

I second the arrow keys bug its needs to be fixed, what about hiding the onscreen keyboard when its attached or is that 5?

Robb Bates
01-31-2004, 11:24 PM
I second the arrow keys bug its needs to be fixed, what about hiding the onscreen keyboard when its attached or is that 5?

Yeah, that's part of what I was talking about. Right now I use PHM PocketPC Power Toys External keyboard SIP. It's just a SIP that is blank and prevents the SIP from hiding stuff on the screen when the OS calls for the SIP panel to pop up.

Robb