View Full Version : HP IPAQ h4355

susanac
01-09-2004, 08:18 PM
I just recently purchased an HP IPAQ h4355- an upgrade from a palm. Am having trouble turning it off and on. For example, the screen is lit and I press the power button. The screen almost completely goes off, but you can still see it. In addition, the power light keeps flashing blue and green. The product information that came with it is worthless. Any suggestions?

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can get a technical manual? The help feature is a waste of time.

When I charge the pocket pc, the light remains red. How do you know when it's charged?

Should have stayed with the palm.

Thanks.

bdegroodt
01-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Not sure about having stayed with the Palm and I'll just avoid that rat hole.

On the screen, that's certainly not right. Call HP support and they'll express exchange it for you.

Tech doc on the 4355 here (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Resource.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=349055&prodTypeId=215348). And here :D

Steven Cedrone
01-09-2004, 08:35 PM
If you press and hold the power button it just turns off the backlight. Try just "tapping" the power button for a split second, that should turn the unit off...

Steve

Steven Cedrone
01-09-2004, 08:39 PM
For the LED's, from the HP website:

(Left LED) Bluetooth active: flashing blue wireless indicator LED

WLAN active: flashing green wireless indicator LED

Bluetooth and WLAN active: alternating flashing blue and green wireless indicator LED

Steve

Steven Cedrone
01-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Charging: look at this document... (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=349055&prodTypeId=215348&objectID=c00042715)

Note: are you sure it's red?

Steve

Pat Logsdon
01-09-2004, 08:45 PM
I just recently purchased an HP IPAQ h4355- an upgrade from a palm. Am having trouble turning it off and on. For example, the screen is lit and I press the power button. The screen almost completely goes off, but you can still see it.
Have you tried to sync it yet? If ActiveSync was not able to finish normally (like being removed from the cradle prematurely), that can sometimes result in the backlight not turning off. If that's the case, try syncing again and let it finish, then try turning it off again.

If you haven't tried syncing yet, try a soft-reset. To do this, unscrew the top of your stylus and use the little pokey bit (warning! extreme technical term alert :wink: ) in the little hole in the left side of the unit.

In addition, the power light keeps flashing blue and green.
Blue means you have the Bluetooth radio turned on, and green means you have the WiFi radio turned on. To turn them off, tap Start, then select Programs, and tap the "iPaq Wireless" icon. You should see 4 "buttons" The top two should be green if their respective radios are on, and you can tap them individually to turn them off. You also have the option to tap "All wireless features off".

The product information that came with it is worthless. Any suggestions?
Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can get a technical manual?
Your box should have included a "Getting Started" poster (http://h200007.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00046425/c00046425.pdf) pointing out all the basic physical features, as well as a User's Guide (http://h200007.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00046424/c00046424.pdf). Turning Bluetooth on and off is covered on page 8-5, and WiFi is covered on page 9-3. The main 4350/4355 tech support page is here (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=215348&prodSeriesId=349051&lang=en&cc=us).

When I charge the pocket pc, the light remains red. How do you know when it's charged?
Red means it's fully charged. Blinking red means it's charging. This is covered on the diagrams on the "Getting Started" poster.

Should have stayed with the palm.
I think you'll find that if you spend a little time getting to know your new Pocket PC, you'll be quite happy! It's a great device! 8)

Good luck!

bdegroodt
01-09-2004, 08:46 PM
I should have been more specific. Pressing and holding the on/off for 3 or more seconds will toggle the backlight. I assumed from the post (and just figured most people press an off button in a tap-like manner) that the screen wasn't going off after this tap.

I will add, that there is a certain slowness on the 435x in turning off. I think it has to do with it disconnecting the WiFi/BT radio. Not sure, but it's certainly slower than my last 4 iPaqs in turning off.

arnage2
01-09-2004, 09:58 PM
my ipaq did that for awhile. Reset it than the problem will fix.

susanac
01-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Many thanks to everyone who answered my questions about my new pocket pc. I printed out the manual and tried all of your suggestions.

All of your suggestions worked!

Susan

benixau
01-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Many thanks to everyone who answered my questions about my new pocket pc. I printed out the manual and tried all of your suggestions.

All of your suggestions worked!

Susan

Welcome to the other side of the fence. As an ex-T3 user myself I have the exact same device , a 4350. I actually got if for the battery - 1560mAh - *drool*

If you used palm did you use the outlook conduit? If so all of your contacts should be able to ActiveSync and violá - all in place