View Full Version : Screen Protectors

BabyJ2590
01-06-2004, 01:14 AM
I have read a lot of talk discussing screen protectors. Now, I would like to purchase a brand where the protector will last a good while. Does anyone have any recommendations to a particular high-quality brand?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Janak Parekh
01-06-2004, 02:36 AM
I don't use one myself, but I've heard nothing but good reviews for WriteSHIELDs (http://www.ppctechs.com/ws.asp). They're a bit more expensive, but from what I hear, they last longer.

Also, try a search on the boards with the words "screen protector". There have been some very long threads in the past on this very subject. :)

--janak

Brad Adrian
01-06-2004, 03:02 AM
The WriteSHIELDS are, in my opinion, the absolute best protectors. They're not stretchy or squishy like some of the others out there, so writing on them feels just like the bare screen. I use handwriting recognition a lot, so I'm dragging and writing all over the screen; still, I don't have to replace them more often than twice a year.

MPSmith
01-06-2004, 03:18 AM
WriteSHIELDS are pretty good and I used one for about a year. Recently I switched to Cleartouch by Boxwave and like it much better. My main complaint with WS is that it has a slightly foggy appearance. It's not terrible, but is bad enough that you'll definitely notice it. CT has the same great feel, but is much clearer without adding glare. The other advantage to CT is that you can buy just one (not three like with WS). Considering how durable these things are and how often I change PPC's, one is more than enough for me.

misha24
01-06-2004, 03:58 AM
I first bought the Boxwave protector and it was ok but a B**ch to clean. I then bought the Nushield for $11.99 3 protectors and they are great !! No dust and can be cleaned without getting dust back on. I also got the cleaning clothes so for a total of $18.00 I love it.

Michael
H4155

BabyJ2590
01-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Thanks for all the input! :D

drop
01-07-2004, 12:29 AM
The WriteSHIELDS are, in my opinion, the absolute best protectors. They're not stretchy or squishy like some of the others out there, so writing on them feels just like the bare screen. I use handwriting recognition a lot, so I'm dragging and writing all over the screen; still, I don't have to replace them more often than twice a year.

I have to disagree, Brad. Writing on WriteShield is better than bare screen :lol:.

BabyJ2590
01-07-2004, 01:50 AM
After researching WriteSHIElDS, I have decided to get them. Thanks again for all the help :D

wizardmaster2k
01-07-2004, 03:13 AM
i use a brando screen protector. i love it, and have been using them sence the day of my ipaq 3635.

Jeff Rutledge
01-07-2004, 03:17 AM
After researching WriteSHIElDS, I have decided to get them. Thanks again for all the help :D

Be sure to let us know what you think once you get it installed.