View Full Version : ARGH...I think My Backlight Has Burned Out.

Paula
01-01-2004, 10:22 PM
I had my 2215 on and was happily playing with it. I tuned it off for a second and forgot I needed to add some information to a task. I went to turn it back on and all I can see is a ghosting of my Today Screen. I have only had my PPC for 3 days. ARRRGH!!!!!

Could it be something else? Will a hard reset help?

Paula

Dave Potter
01-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Don't pull out the big guns unless you absolutely have to. Try a soft reset first.

Paula
01-01-2004, 10:36 PM
I had already tried that, but did it again and ...nothing.

Dave Beauvais
01-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Also try holding the power button down for about 2-4 seconds. On most Pocket PCs, this will turn the backlight on/off while leaving the LCD itself on.

Paula
01-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Oh I love you! :multi:

I turned it on and then held the button down for a few seconds. What did I do wrong? How can I avoid doing this again and why do I keep panicing? :lol:

I am such a newbie it is embarrassing. :oops:

Paula

Janak Parekh
01-01-2004, 10:54 PM
There are backlight settings in the Control Panel. Play with them and get to know them well. :) The Power button-holding-down trick is a shortcut...

--janak

Dave Beauvais
01-01-2004, 10:56 PM
What did I do wrong? ... I am such a newbie it is embarrassing. :oops:
You didn't do anything wrong. I'm not even sure that feature is officially documented in the manuals. And don't be embarrassed!

Paula
01-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Janak,
I have become familiar with the setting on the panel and thought gee maybe I had turned off something without knowing it. So I took the PPC over to the light and went to the backlight settings screen. They were as I had set them. :(

That is when panic set in. 8O

I have managed to become familiar with all the screens now, but am still having trouble using ActiveSync. ActivSync is NOT my friend.

The first app I loaded was PalmReader. I wanted to install this on my CF card where I am keeping my books. But it loaded it main memory and when I look for other books it can't find them. I have all my books on my CF card in the following directories: My Documents> Peanutpress.
It just can't find the critters.

I then loaded 2 games and well that went well enough I loaded them on my CF card as well and then it put the shortcut in main memory, without my permission I might add!

I am not comfy with ActiveSync, I feel like I got the games loaded by sheer luck.

Dave,
I have a feeling I will be panicing a few more times before I really get the hang of this thing. I have so many questions about settings. There is one page I have no idea what the settings are for.

Paula