View Full Version : Haicom 303e GPS with BT slipper -- help

Superguy
12-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Hey all,

I recently got a Haicom 303e GPS with BT slipper. Actually, I won it, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm having great difficulty trying to get the bluetooth slipper to work with it. The GPS unit works just fine if I plug it into the CF slot on my iPaq. However, trying to use the slipper introduces troubles.

The BT manager finds the slipper just fine. I can establish a pairing with it. However, no data is being xmitted across the link, and the test software that came with it can't find it either when BT is being used. I've tried all the com ports, have been searching the web, and I can't find anything. The documentation is of very little help.

If anyone could point me in the direction I need to go or has experience with this unit, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Super

dhettel
12-23-2003, 11:37 PM
To get any meaningful help, I think you need to post a lot more detail. Like what iPAQ you are using, or trying to use, what com port, what kind of error message you are getting, What version of the Bluetooth manager you are running.

Saying I have it but it don't work, help is unlikely to get much useful help.
IMHO

David

Superguy
12-24-2003, 01:16 AM
Ok ... didn't think the particular model was that relevant and I thought I gave the info needed. Makes me wonder if you read the post.

I said that I tried ALLl the com ports.
I said it works fine if I stick the CF interface on the GPS into the CF slot.
I said I could establish a link with BT and I had no trouble finding the device.
I said there is no data going across the BT link.
There was no error message ... that's the problem. It simply wouldn't work.
I have an iPaq 2210 with the latest BT patch.

Super