View Full Version : Do You Write Online Product Reviews?

Jason Dunn
11-26-2003, 09:00 PM
One of my contacts in the Pocket PC PR world had a question, and it was something I've wondered about as well. Shopping sites like Amazon.com allow you to rate items that you've purchased and do a short review. Other sites, like <a href="www.epinions.com">www.epinions.com</a>, are merely giant databases full of reviews. Sometimes it's to praise the product, other times it's to warn other buyers about how bad it was. So here's the question:

JonnoB
11-26-2003, 09:06 PM
I usually add a review only if I had an extremely good or extremely bad experience. Most of the time (>90%) I find that my experiences on products fall relatively close to my expectations and so I do not add such comments.

Dave Beauvais
11-26-2003, 09:31 PM
I have written a few brief (yes, I can be concise) reviews, but only two have actually shown up online. I've written three Handango reviews and not a single one has ever been posted. After wasting time on that, I haven't bothered anymore. I wrote a DVD review at Amazon once and another at Buy.com, both of which were posted.

crazy0000
11-26-2003, 09:32 PM
:multi: :multi: :multi: www.product-reviews.vze.com :multi: :multi: :multi:

My Site

davin1378
11-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Wrote a review of the e755 for a site (consumer review really - for ZDNet) and they horribly butchered it. They completely messed it up. Put it down as an e740 review (never owned one) and totally misquoted me. Worst part is that there was no one to complain to - no "HEY WE LIED - please remove my review" link.

Now anyone who does a search on my name finds this lame review which I never wrote!!!

:soapbox: Grumble Grumble

JonnoB
11-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Now anyone who does a search on my name finds this lame review which I never wrote!!!

You need an attorney to sue them for misquoting :wink:

sgyee
11-26-2003, 11:32 PM
I write reviews for items all the time on Epinions.

Many times, I write the review just to set the record straight. I love to see reviews on places like Epinions and Amazon where the yutz writing the review has never even used the product before.

karen
11-27-2003, 12:55 AM
I used to write tonnes of reviews on Amazon. At one point in time I was as high as a top 300 reviewer.

I've been on a project where I just don't have the time to read or test, let alone review, so I've slipped to a top 1000 or so.

I also ALWAYS write reviews of horrific and exceptional hotel stays. I find that reviews are important when chosing something you can see or experience prior to chosing.

Karen