View Full Version : Could Pocket PC Thoughts Have A shoutbox? That would be cool!

JustinGTP
11-10-2003, 06:16 AM
Look here, I think that we could use a shoutbox!

Shoutbox (http://www.theinternetnow.co.uk/blog/)

I found this on PDACorps.com and I think that it will be easily implemented onto the site, what do you think Jason / members?

-Justin.

Dave Beauvais
11-10-2003, 06:25 AM
Personally, I think it's a little redundant on a site like this; there are forum sections for stuff like that. I think that's more appropriate on blogs that don't have a forum or have a relatively small community. I see things like that on several blogs and ignore them almost entirely. If you have something to say, why not just post it in the forums? Maybe that's just me, though.

--Dave

Hyperluminal
11-10-2003, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I don't think so.. that is what we have forums for... (like Dave just said, and beat me to it :) )

Also, I think it'd make the site look less professional...

Janak Parekh
11-10-2003, 06:42 AM
I think that's more appropriate on blogs that don't have a forum or have a relatively small community.
Indeed -- I think it'd get polluted too quickly on a site this size.

--janak

JustinGTP
11-10-2003, 07:06 AM
Eh - I try! I think it could work on big sites like this one, I mean, its kind of like an instant chat room!

-Justin.

Dave Beauvais
11-10-2003, 07:11 AM
... I mean, its kind of like an instant chat room!
Sometimes the forum threads seem almost instant as quickly as some people reply. ;)

--Dave

Kati Compton
11-11-2003, 02:40 AM
If you want to discuss bananas, do it on this thread instead:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20527&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

JonnoB
11-11-2003, 03:00 AM
There are Pocket PC IRC chat rooms that you can talk about Pocket PC stuff. It would be neat to have a web chat page that linked to one of the more popular IRC rooms for those without an IRC client... even better if it were capable of being formatted to a Pocket PC screen for those wireless users who have a subscription!

JustinGTP
11-11-2003, 03:27 AM
Or all users, most of us dont have subscriptions...

-Justin.

Oliver Mitchell
11-11-2003, 01:29 PM
yeah but it's an enticement to subscribe....