View Full Version : Toshiba e750/755 w/Bluetooth & WM2003: When and where?

Necrobard
09-23-2003, 10:19 AM
The thing DEFINITELY exists; I've seen several mentionings of it. But they were TOO sparse, and till now there are no talks or clues about a possibility of (pre)ordering one. Is there anybody who knows better? Maybe it's a Europe Only series (if so, then go me! much closer to my hometown of Moscow ;) ?

If the baby's goin' to appear within reach, I'll be just happy; no real need for a wifi, mobile internet via cellphone, 2 slots an'lovely BEEEG screen - if only not a VGA res...

Any clues?

freitasm
09-23-2003, 10:47 AM
We have review of this beast (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1357), posted last month. The review even includes Spb Benchmark xml files so you can compare the performance with other Pocket PCs.

It's a very cool machine with very good looks. I was tempted - but would have to sell my H3970 to get this one.

Of course I had enough time to even write Bluetooth Guides for this one - it uses a different Bluetooth Manager.

Necrobard
09-24-2003, 05:53 AM
Big Thanks for a link. Hmm... Bluetooth issue seems rather disappointing.
If I'm getting it right, every time I need to sync my PPC with desktop after a cellphone-via-'tooth internet session, I'd have to go through all the stages of "create new connection" wizard or something? If so, it'd make nervous many of current IPAQ owners as well as CFcard BT users (I, for example, use Anycom BT card with my Dell Axim, and it's BT manager allows me to have a BUNCH of connection configs...still couldn't make it to access my LAN via desktop, but that's another story).

freitasm
09-24-2003, 06:49 AM
You don't have to pair the devices again, but you have to select which connection config will be used next - and switch again if needed.

Because of the CF and SD card adapters you could get the wi-fi one and add a CF Bluetooth card - like the Bluetake we reviewed on Geekzone. It runs the same Widcomm software used by all new iPaqs, making it very handy.

Otherwise it's a cool machine. Shame about this BT thing really.