View Full Version : Bluetooth HELP

FunHouse82
08-23-2003, 12:38 AM
I have a Ipaq 2215 and a 150ft Usb Belkin Dongle. I have been trying to be able to seft the net for weeks. I have tried to change just about every setting that I can but it dosent work. I think my main goal should be able to connect with active sync using bluetooth, becuase when I connect my pda to the pc with a usb port it connect to my computer and serfs the net easy. I am currently using a Lan connection.

PLEASE HELP

rpommier
08-23-2003, 05:32 AM
you have to enable internet connection sharirg on your broadband connection.

Rod

Ipaq2210
08-23-2003, 11:25 PM
I followed the procedure highlighted here and it works great (in fact I'm now wondering why I bought the WIFI card !!)

http://www.pocketforums.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=13&s=412c926a83e32181d5f049d1384357e5

Anthony Caruana
08-25-2003, 01:28 PM
I use both my bluetooth and wifi in different situations. At home I use both depending on where I am. At work I use BT for Activesync and wi fi when I'm at a coffee shop.

FunHouse82
08-26-2003, 01:51 AM
My PDA cannot pair with my computer. The whole pin key promt comes up and I press 1234 of my comp, and it comes up on my pda and I put 1234 on it... but it dosent work. And says there was an error.

As for the part where you said I need to "share" my internet connect, when I place my pda in the hub it connects online. Just not on bluetooth. I really need help. I am considering returning my bluetooth dongle... perhaps it just dosent work for me or something. The only bluetooth can do is my Pda can see my comp and my comp can see my comp...

freitasm
08-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Funhouse, have you had time to look in our Bluetooth Guides at Geekzone?

tok129
08-27-2003, 04:44 AM
As for the part where you said I need to "share" my internet connect, when I place my pda in the hub it connects online. Just not on bluetooth. I really need help. I am considering returning my bluetooth dongle... perhaps it just dosent work for me or something. The only bluetooth can do is my Pda can see my comp and my comp can see my comp...

You need to go into your network connections in windows and enable internet sharing in the options. I was also able to surf the net from the cradle but not via BT but once I enabled this option in my network connection I had no problem connecting with my PC.

Now the only problem I'm having is syncing :( . I can surf the net no problem and send/recieve email, but I cannot get it to sync yet.

clinte
08-27-2003, 01:07 PM
I have a Ipaq 2215 and a 150ft Usb Belkin Dongle. I have been trying to be able to seft the net for weeks. I have tried to change just about every setting that I can but it dosent work. I think my main goal should be able to connect with active sync using bluetooth, becuase when I connect my pda to the pc with a usb port it connect to my computer and serfs the net easy. I am currently using a Lan connection.

PLEASE HELP

You can find each Bluetooth Guide in our articles section, or go direct from here:

Pocket PC Guides (if you're looking for desktop configuration information: the H3970 guide shows a Win 2000 and the H5450 shows the Windows XP configuration)

Bluetooth Internet Sharing guide for iPaq H5450 (D Hettel).

Bluetooth Internet Sharing guide for iPaq H3970 (M Freitas).

Bluetooth ActiveSync guide for iPaq H5450 (D Hettel).

Bluetooth ActiveSync guide for iPaq H3970 (M Freitas).

How to configure your iPaq H3970 to connect to GPRS using a Bluetooth mobile (M Freitas).

Palm Guides

How to share your internet connection via Bluetooth to a Palm OS device (M Freitas) .

How to Hotsync your Palm over Bluetooth (M Freitas) .

How to connect your Palm to GPRS using a Bluetooth mobile (M Freitas) .

Sony Ericsson Guides

Bluetooth Ericsson mobile configuration and Outlook synchronisation over Bluetooth using XTNDConnect (M Freitas).

Bluetooth synchronisation for Ericsson and Siemens mobile phones (if you don't have XTNDConnect software) (M Freitas).

Nokia 3650 Guides

How to synchronise Outlook data to a Nokia 3650 over Bluetooth (M Freitas).

How to share your internet connection to a Nokia 3650 over Bluetooth (M Freitas).

Desktop/laptop guides

How to share your internet connection via Bluetooth to another desktop or laptop (M Freitas) .

How to copy files between computers using the Bluetooth File Transfer (M Freitas) .

Bluetooth mobile as a GPRS modem for laptop and desktop (M Freitas).

How to configure your desktop/laptop to use the Bluetooth headset (M Freitas).

What to check if your Bluetooth LAN connection is not working (M Freitas).

What is Bluetooth?.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449