View Full Version : Q: How to turn off power to Ambicom card while inserted?

codesmith
08-04-2003, 10:30 PM
I have an iPAQ 2215 with a new Ambicom WL1100C-CF card which Mobile 2003 zero config supports. Question is, how can I keep the card inserted yet power it off? Can't find anything in the settings. Help.
James

SHoTTa35
08-04-2003, 10:40 PM
simple, tap the icon beside time/speaker in the taskbar then click turn off wireless..

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/products/pocketpc/about/2003/images/wifi.gif
Third frame in the GIF image

dangerwit
08-04-2003, 11:26 PM
I have an iPAQ 2215 with a new Ambicom WL1100C-CF card which Mobile 2003 zero config supports. Question is, how can I keep the card inserted yet power it off? Can't find anything in the settings. Help.
James

Just bought that card today for my 2215. How's it working for you?

*Phil

24va
08-05-2003, 12:25 AM
I have this card but, when I tap the dual arrow icon all don't get the turn wireless card off link show in the upper right hand corner.

What drivers are you using?

Mark_Venture
08-05-2003, 12:37 AM
simple, tap the icon beside time/speaker in the taskbar then click turn off wireless..

Interesting... I don't have "Turn Off Wireless" (here is what mine looks like...)
http://marzano.home.att.net/images/Ipaq3.jpg

Wonder why? BTW, I've used the "beta" ce .net drivers (july 1, 2003) and the version 1.5 divers (July 31,2003) from the Ambicomm site.

Just bought that card today for my 2215. How's it working for you?
Except for this "missing feature" it works great for me.

codesmith
08-05-2003, 03:05 AM
Exactly, I dont get the "Turn Wireless Off" option either...other than that, the card works great. I just dont want to have to pull it out all the time. I would rather just leave it in and turn it on when needed. Must be some way.

Eitel
08-05-2003, 11:44 AM
I doubt that the screenshot is from an Ambicom card. Could be a socket wifi card.

codesmith
08-05-2003, 11:58 AM
But I just purchased the Ambicom Card and my connectivity bubble looks exacltly like that...
Could I have settings wrong elsewhere....The connections section is still overly confusing with My ISP, WORK, Internet...sooo many profiles that overlap. What are others using for these settings?

SHoTTa35
08-05-2003, 02:06 PM
guess those drivers aren't proper zero config ones or maybe they were just thrown together. When written correctly that should show up. Aren't the drivers beta so maybe that's why....

sorry for the confusion.. image taken off MS site and i get the same options using Senao drivers with a Linksys card (WCF12)

codesmith
08-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Update:
Emailed Ambicom about this and recieved this reply from tech support.

Unfortunately, there is not that capability. Sorry for the inconvenience
and have a nice day!!

So i don't know if this means that it doesnt have the capability in beta or if it ever will....i would sure like not to have to pull the card everytime i am not using it (especially since it is a tight fit in the CF slot). Hmmmm

Mark_Venture
08-06-2003, 05:45 AM
guess those drivers aren't proper zero config ones or maybe they were just thrown together. When written correctly that should show up. That could be the reason... Aren't the drivers beta so maybe that's why....Ambicom replaced the "beta" drivers with "Version 1.5" dated 7/31/2003 and no longer list them as "beta"

sorry for the confusion.. image taken off MS site and i get the same options using Senao drivers with a Linksys card (WCF12)No problem.. Btw, with your linksys card and the Senao drivers, you have the option to turn it off? If you do, just curious, How did you get the iPAQ to use the Senao drivers for the linksys card? I tried an "alternate" set of drivers with my Ambicom card, but when I put the card in, the OS said "unknown card" and wanted me to type the name of the card, and I could not seem to get it to work... The drivers were from a 3rd party, not ambicom. Did the same thing happen with the Linksys card and the Senao drivers? or did the drivers get used automatically?