View Full Version : Where 2 get Axim FAST???

xendula
07-26-2003, 10:14 PM
Hi everybody,

hope someone can help me. After being in the US for 2 months, NOW my sister tells me to bring her an Axim when I get back to Germany. The problem is, I just called them up, and they deliver in about 12 days or so, but I am leaving on the 1st. Does anyone know of a faster way to get an Axim? Any experience with Ebay? (Even though I really wanted to avoid buying it there.) I am in Rhode Island right now, don't know if it is of any importance... I would be grateful for ANY info,

Thanks, Xendula

PS: Are there any stores that sell them over here? Remember, I am not from the States, so I really have no clue.

dh
07-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Sorry to say it, but I think Ebay might be your only chance. Dell does not sell them in any retail stores and they have currently stopped shipments of new ones while they sort out their firmware problem.

xendula
07-27-2003, 04:58 AM
oops, if there is a firmware problem that still needs to be sorted out, then maybe it is better if I stay away from Dell- I'll check this forum to see what all this is about.. either way, thanks,

Xendula

PetiteFlower
07-27-2003, 06:30 AM
I wouldn't say stay away from Dell forever but at least for a few weeks until they get the software fixed.

xendula
07-27-2003, 12:52 PM
Just that I don't have a few weeks, too bad, you get so much more for your money :(

dh
07-27-2003, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. If you get an '02 Axim it will work just fine and Dell will be issuing an update for '03 ones.

xendula
07-28-2003, 01:01 AM
I went and bought an Ipaq 1945 at CompUSA today. They are having a special this whole week where you get screen protectors, cleaners and a case for free with any PDA over 150$, so it was kind-of OK.

Once again, thanks for the input.

GoldKey
07-29-2003, 08:47 PM
If you have access to a Costco, you could do this:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15793