View Full Version : Inbox attachments to SD?

Ed Hansberry
06-28-2003, 11:57 PM
hrmmmm.... anyone know how to get the Inbox to save attachments to the SD card? You can't specify and it seems to look for external storage alphabetically, so CF Card first and iPAQ File Store if there is no CF. Obviously you can't remove the file store and filling it up only causes Inbox to report an error. The 3MB file store is too small unfortunately. :duh:

msprague
06-29-2003, 04:44 AM
Interesting. I'm surprised I haven't heard of this before. I have no personal experience with this but what you say about it being alphabetical is possible. You may need to do a registry tweak to rename your SD Card to something that would be first like AAA Storage. If you have software installed to SD Card you would have to reinstall it afterward to fix the links.
This may get you in the right direction.
Fix CF and SD card names forever! (http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8085)

Gremmie
06-29-2003, 04:45 AM
Well, I don't know how, but I never thought about it looking it alphabetically, so I suppose to could do a reghack to change SD to something that starts with A, B, or CE :)

msprague
06-29-2003, 04:49 AM
Wow, 5 hours later and then we post the same answer at the same time.
0X

mine was first
:mrgreen:

msprague
07-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Ed, Others are asking about this too, were you able to resolve it?

igreen
07-02-2003, 03:42 PM
I snarfed this off Brighthand......it worked for me on my 2215.

Saving attachments to SD card
Also note when you select the checkbox to save to storage card - it'll save to the rom storage right now even if you have a SD card inserted. There's a fix for it in the registry - i'll find the link shortly...

Instead of linking the post, I've cut & pasted instructions below and made a minor change - ie. renaming the Built-in storage from the Dell Axims to Flash ROM Disk for the E755 (this was originally taken from rmiller105's post):

0) Back up your system before proceeding!!!

1) Make sure that the inbox Application is not running

2) Create the directory structure you want on your SD card. I created the directory \data\email\

( I had already renamed my SD card to data see -

http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks/Tweak.asp?ref=49 )

3) Cut and paste the Inbox directories from \Flash ROM Disk\ into the directory you created on your SD card. I cut
\Flash ROM Disk\Inbox.mst....... and pasted it to \data\email\Inbox.mst......

(replace the .... with the appropriate filename )

4) Edit the registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MAPI\AttachPa

th

to reflect the new path. I did not change the Inbox.mst........ portion.

My orriginal AttachPath key was

\Flash ROM Disk\Inbox.mst........

and I changed it to

\data\email\Inbox.mst........

5) Perform a soft reset.

6) Download your email. All of my attachments were intact, and after receiving email with attachments, I checked the \data\email\Inbox.mst....... directory. The file count, and byte size had incremented.