View Full Version : g1000 or t608 & ipaq 5550

treouser
06-11-2003, 03:50 PM
I wanted to get a general concensus on this issue as I currently have a treo 300 with unlimited sprint vision. I love it as far as internet browsing and email go, but I need to go back to the PPC platform. I feel so restrained when I'm using a palm device for anything other then basic pim and wireless internet. I have been patiently waiting for the hitachi g1000, but when I came across the new sony/ericsson t608 with bluetooth that should be released this month on the sprint network I find myself lusting after the 5550. Plus, I'm kind of thinking that I would tire of talking into the huge hitachi for everyday voice communication. What do you guys think. Also, for the PPC users who use a bluetooth connection, is it pretty reliable or does it frequently lose the connection. How is the ease of use/setup?

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble.

Thanks

Johan
06-11-2003, 04:58 PM
I must say the Hitatchi in my view is far from good looking... 8O

I use a good old Ericsson T-39 which has it all (bluetooth, GPRS) in a small formfactor and use it to connect to the net through my iPAQ 5450. Wouldn't really like to make all voice calls in a device the size of the 5450 or larger.

Off course if an updated XDA (or the sweet Wanda device from TI) with wifi and bluetooth came a long and you could use a BT-headset with it I'd seriously considder getting it.

treouser
06-11-2003, 07:34 PM
that would be sweet if the hitachi had bluetooth, because then you could use the headset with it. the g1000's sd slot isn't even sdio, but with sprints track record i might not see the s/e t608 until next year even though the claim a june release date. i might end up having to settle on the hitachi because the i700 will not be released until november from sprint. so you don't have any trouble pairing the devices, could you leave your phone in your pocket tap a contact on the PPC and make a call using a mbluetooth headset?