View Full Version : HP 5450 Help

Stephen Beesley
05-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Okay I have a small (well I hope it is small!) problem.

I have been setting up my bosses Hp 5450 with a wireless access point on our network. The AP seems to be installed correctly as does the profile on the 5450. Now the problem is that when I go to connect the 5450 seems to get stuck on "initialising" or comes up with a message that the wireless is turned off even thought it is definately turned on.

What is particularly perplexing is that prior to attempting this set up I had been able to pick up another Wireless network (in a nearby office!) on the 5450. But this time round I just get the initialising and wireless turned off messages even when I try to sniff out that network.

Any ideas? I am hoping that it is something simple that I (or my boss :D ) has changed on the 5450 itself. Am I missing something as obvious as a physical on off swithch?

Goldtee

FredMurphy
05-22-2003, 04:16 PM
This is a known issue with the 5450. (I miss my 568 and the stability of the Socket CF card! :cry:) The WLAN drivers get confused as to whether it's on or off. They will also refuse to load sometimes due to a memory leak in the drivers.

The "solution" is to take the battery out for about 5 seconds.

There is a ROM update and a WLAN driver update, neither of which solve the problem. Rumours are of a further ROM update within a week. Maybe that will do it.

Stephen Beesley
05-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Fred - you are making a habit of answering my questions (If you ever get over to Dublin, or me to London, I will have to buy you a pint or three!).

I will give it a go!

Goldtee

umichboy
05-23-2003, 11:48 PM
I have a messagepad H1000 and 110. I love 'em both too :-)

I love my iPaq 5450's smaller size and weight though ;-)