View Full Version : WorldMate trial won't Active Sync

thomas1973
05-10-2003, 04:27 PM
I've downloaded the trial version of WorldMate from Mobisoft. It looks great, but it's supposed to update weather forecasts and currency rates over the net when I Active Sync. It doesn't.

Is this because it's the trial version, or has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to buy it, but I'm not shelling out my hard earned money before I know if I can AS or not.

I have a permanent LAN connection, via proxy, but I have no problems going on the net on my PPC via my desktop.

Hope someone can help :roll: .

Thomas.

Sven Johannsen
05-10-2003, 09:43 PM
My registered copy works fine. I can't recall anymore if I got the trial first or just bought it. Have you gone to options in ActiveSync and turned on Worldmate syncing? (Worldmate should show up on the sync panel like contacts and files and everything else). There are also buttons on several screens that let you update (currency, weather). If passthrough is working, those should work, I would think.

Andy Whiteford
05-11-2003, 12:07 PM
The trial does AS. Check all the various options as mentioned above. It may be something simple that has been overlooked> have you tried tinkering with the settings? If you have, you could try a reinstall as the default settings should work fine.

thomas1973
05-11-2003, 10:54 PM
Have you gone to options in ActiveSync and turned on Worldmate syncing? (Worldmate should show up on the sync panel like contacts and files and everything else).
Didn't check WorldMate in AS options :oops: . Thought it handled the sync'ing through AS on it's own...

Thanks :D ! Looking forward to trying this working version!

Thomas.