View Full Version : Need an alarm utility

looneytoone
05-09-2003, 06:08 AM
Two things that I would love to have, preferably for free.
1. Something to fix the pocket pc flaw with the alarm system. It needs to have repeating rings. Have seen posts on ppcthoughts but cant find them now.

2. I read a lot in bed and usually fall asleep reading. My sound is turned down but then I cant use my pocket pc as an alarm in the morning. It would be nice if you could set an alarm and the alarm would play at a designated level

any help?

hollis_f
05-09-2003, 07:22 AM
SPB PocketPlus. Allows you to set the alarm to repeat (with many options) and also to have the volume increase progressively. As well as loads more options. Best value utility I own.

Unreal32
05-09-2003, 01:09 PM
I'd concur on this... it's so reliable that my fiancee has come to hate my PDA, because when an alarm goes off now.... Well, let's just say it doesn't stop until I stop it! :)

bdegroodt
05-09-2003, 02:21 PM
SPB PocketPlus. Allows you to set the alarm to repeat (with many options) and also to have the volume increase progressively. As well as loads more options. Best value utility I own.

Ditto!

WillyG
05-14-2003, 12:38 AM
For your #2, maby this free utility could help
"This small PocketPC app will turn down the volume all the way down for a set amount of time. The intent is that you would activate it just prior to a meeting. When the time expires it restores the volume and exits, thus allowing your alarms to be heard again."

I can think of a few other uses too ;)

Get it (Automute) here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~wayne.orwig/utils.html#automute

sobk
05-15-2003, 07:57 PM
It's so good it woke me up at 4:30am this morning, and I HAD to get up as my PPC was downstairs and it was set to alert 10 times every 5 minutes!

That's what alerting software should do, it's great! I just need to remember not to snooze tasks so they alert in the middle of the night!

(Or use that software in the post above to set the PPC to quiet overnight - I wonder if there is something that you can set that on specific days between two times the sound is automatically turned off).