View Full Version : HELPPPPP!!!! FusionTaskMonitor.exe Notification Error

T4RZ4N
04-30-2003, 11:29 AM
I've uninstalled AF 4.93 due to its conflict with Money 2003.
I do a soft reset before reinstalling it.
However, when I did a soft reset, I got a Notification error box even before I see my today screen, saying "Cannot execute FusionTaskMonitor.exe"
This box keeps flashing until one point, my whole PPC will just freeze.
Where can I find this key in the registry startup, so I can delete it away.
I have around 10 seconds before my PPC freezes up (that is when everything has finished loading, my PPC will just freeze :().

Thanks.

Jacob
04-30-2003, 04:33 PM
This isn't something in the registry - there's a database that the PPC maintains to notify certain apps that the device has powered on.

I would try:
1. Install AF again then uninstall it again - hopefully that will succeed in removing the notification (assuming it failing to do this the first time is the reason you are seeing this).

2. Contact AF support - they should be able to help.

T4RZ4N
04-30-2003, 06:33 PM
This isn't something in the registry - there's a database that the PPC maintains to notify certain apps that the device has powered on.

I would try:
1. Install AF again then uninstall it again - hopefully that will succeed in removing the notification (assuming it failing to do this the first time is the reason you are seeing this).

2. Contact AF support - they should be able to help.

Hi Jacob,
Thanks for the reply.
I've emailed AF support but no reply yet.
However, every idea and support would be too late now. Since the PPC just hung there, it couldn't do anything, including turning off the backlight.
So... the PPC with backlight has been on for exactly 2 hours 9 minutes. (That is from 10.19 PM to 00.28 AM) with the battery remaining from yesterday morning charge, before I lost everything in there. :cry:
Case closed. 0X
Thanks again for the reply. I do appreciate that.

T4RZ4N
04-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Just realized that AF support replied my email on 10.43 PM, which is around 1.5 hrs before my PPC died.
Anyway... too late .... :(

I might not be able to do what they asked me to do anyway.
I don't think 10 seconds with CPU usage close to 100% is enough to do anything.

But to their credit, they do reply QUICKLY.

Case really closed 0X

Jeff Rutledge
05-01-2003, 05:31 AM
Just realized that AF support replied my email on 10.43 PM, which is around 1.5 hrs before my PPC died.
Anyway... too late .... :(

I might not be able to do what they asked me to do anyway.
I don't think 10 seconds with CPU usage close to 100% is enough to do anything.

But to their credit, they do reply QUICKLY.

Case really closed 0X

Would you mind posting what they suggested? I've had the same error.

Thanks.

T4RZ4N
05-01-2003, 06:00 AM
Here it goes.

Hendrik - Don't connect your device and then run Agenda Fusion. Go to the Contact View and enter the following into the Search bar of the Contact View:

EnableTM:0

That will disable the FusionTaskMonitor. Close Agenda Fusion and then soft-reset and then that should be disabled so you can connect your Pocket PC to your Desktop PC. To reenable you can enter:

EnableTM:1