View Full Version : Multisource Bluetooth headset available?

Xanadu
04-29-2003, 10:37 PM
Rookie Bluetooth question here:

If I have a BT-enabled cellphone, PDA, and headset, can I listen to both sources (cell and PDA) simultaneously?

I can easily imagine a situation where I'm listening to music on a PDA through my headset when a cell call comes in, its ringtone overlaying the mp3s. After muting the PDA's volume, I handle the call via the headset. When the call is complete, I unmute the PDA and continue as before.

If the multisource example above is impossible, how fast and easy is it to switch a BT headset from one device to another? Is it something I can quickly do while the cell is ringing?

Thanks for any info!

Xan

Duncan
04-30-2003, 12:10 AM
If I have a BT-enabled cellphone, PDA, and headset, can I listen to both sources (cell and PDA) simultaneously?

There are no current stereo BT headsets (though some are due later this year) and listening to music on one of the current generation of mono BT phone headsets is a painful experience (very low quality).

So your question can't be answered yet.

Xanadu
04-30-2003, 12:17 AM
There are no current stereo BT headsets (though some are due later this year) and listening to music on one of the current generation of mono BT phone headsets is a painful experience (very low quality).

I understand, but my question is more general. Can have a BT headset linked to two BT sources simultaneously? Failing that, is it quick and easy to switch from one to another to answer a phone call?

Xan

Brad Adrian
04-30-2003, 12:36 AM
While you can definitely establish partnerships/pairings with more than one Bluetooth device, I believe you can only have an active connection with one at a time.