View Full Version : Connect T-Mobile S105 to Pocket PC

NeverEnoughMan
04-28-2003, 04:38 AM
Has anyone had luck connecting S105 to PDA infrared port? I am trying to surf the web on my handheld using phone as GPRS modem.

JaB

Ed Hansberry
04-28-2003, 01:10 PM
This all assumes you already have a GPRS account set up on your phone account with T-Mobile.

• Go to Connection manager, Internet, Modify and add a new account.
• Select Generic IrDA modem
• leave the speed around 38,400 or so.
• In the phone number, delete the area code. Dial *99***#
• On the next screen, uncheck wait for dial tone
• In the extra modem commands, enter +cgdcont=1,,"internet2.voicestream.com"
• If you have a VPN account with T-Mobile, use internet3 instead of internet2
• Set a new dialing location called GPRS or something similar.
• Change all of the dialing patterns to G so it never tried to dial the 1, an area code or anything similar.

That should be it. Just change the location to GPRS before dialing, activate IR on the phone, align the ports then initiate the call from the Pocket PC. You may need to power cycle the phone.

NeverEnoughMan
04-28-2003, 01:32 PM
It worked. Thanks for the info.

NeverEnough"Wireless Surfing"Man!

Chauzer
12-28-2003, 11:08 PM
i can't seem to get this to work w/ my ipaq 1945 on pocket pc 2003, and my samsung s105

when i do all of the following, it tries to connect via infrared and it'll say "The answering modem has disconnected. To check your connection settings and checnge them if needed, tap Settings."

what should i put for the username and password on my ipaq for this connection?? ive been just leaving them blank..

also, how do i need to set anything up on my s105 before dialing like to make it do a data call or anything, or do i only have to activate IR

thanks!

Ed Hansberry
12-28-2003, 11:11 PM
Do you have a GPRS data account with T-Mobile? Not T-zones, but a full data account?