View Full Version : Bluetooth Question

Sparkomatic
04-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Just a curiosity question... If I have a iPAQ w/ bluetooth and a T68i phone (bluetooth) and a BT headset, is there any way to have my phone in my pocket and when a call comes in, be able to see who's calling me on my PDA?

I would think since there's this constant link between PDA and phone, that there could be a program that could do this. I just got dialing from my PDA to my cell phone setup but when someone calls me, I still have to reach for the phone to see who it is.

Jeff Rutledge
04-23-2003, 03:45 PM
Just a curiosity question... If I have a iPAQ w/ bluetooth and a T68i phone (bluetooth) and a BT headset, is there any way to have my phone in my pocket and when a call comes in, be able to see who's calling me on my PDA?

I would think since there's this constant link between PDA and phone, that there could be a program that could do this. I just got dialing from my PDA to my cell phone setup but when someone calls me, I still have to reach for the phone to see who it is.

I'm pretty sure Running Voice GSM does this for you...

jsanfordii
04-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Any tips on getting the dialing to work? I've not been able to get this to work... I've got an iPaq 5455, and the sony t68i. I have established a partnership (I think), but can't figure out how to do anything now.

Thanks a bunch!

james

Sparkomatic
04-24-2003, 06:42 PM
I haven't tried Running Voice but I bought mPhone awhile ago and tried to get it to work with my phone. It didn't work, I got frustrated and uninstalled it.

I just tried again and it works great. I'm using it on my T68i that is "unlocked" and when I dial out on my iPAQ, I get a "Network Error" message on my phone and then it dials out fine. Maybe it's cause the phone is unlocked?

Anyway, I'm using a iPAQ 3975 with updated Bluetooth software (the same software you have on your 5455.