View Full Version : 153 unresolved email messages!

adambravo
04-08-2003, 11:58 PM
AARGH!

OK, here's what happened:
1. Made a backup of my e750 using Toshiba's software
2. Suffered unexpected hard reset of my unit two days later.
3. Restored from backup
4. Inbox f**ked up. A whole bunch of messages which cannot be opened or deleted; tapping on a message simply refreshes the screen, and deleting does nothing.
5. Get home, plug in unit, and sync. 153 unresolved messages.
6. Get dbExplorer, find folder with headers that correspond to all messages. Delete unreadable messages.
7. Resync, with settings on ActiveSync to 'replace item on computer' if conflict exists.
8. Still have 153 unresolved messages, which do not disappear if I change ActiveSync rules. Erased messages, thank God, are still erased, so I'm not sure if something else is eating up memory. Could these messages be in two different 'folders' somehow?

Any and all ideas (and sympathy) welcome. And, no, I have not done a hard reset (yet).

Adam

Duncan
04-09-2003, 01:49 AM
This happened to me as well - similar circumstances, exactly the same issue, different PPC.

I tried everything - including registry editing and database deletion - on both PPC and PC. Nothing worked so...

I had to hard reset.

Luckily my daily back ups (every night to my PC, every lunchtime to my PPCs) are now a fixed routine...

Pony99CA
04-09-2003, 04:29 AM
Did you try moving the E-mails to another folder, syncing, moving the E-mails back to the Inbox and syncing again?

If this happens in a POP3 account, you just delete the E-mail account and recreate it.

Steve

P.S. Pocket PC Pope? People have said I issue enough bull. :lol:

Unreal32
04-09-2003, 05:07 AM
P.S. Pocket PC Pope? People have said I issue enough bull. :lol:

First time I read that, I thought it said "Dope." :lol: