View Full Version : Left-over folders after uninstallation of ActiveSync 3.6

ralliart12
04-07-2003, 06:45 AM
How come there's 2 folders leftover even when I'd doen a successful uninstall of ActiveSync? There're named: 'AvantGo Connect' & 'Microsoft ActiveSync'. Both are located under 'Program Files'.

Is it possible for me to delete these 2 folders after the uninstallation? Will they be recreated the next time I install ActiveSync again?

Pony99CA
04-07-2003, 09:44 AM
How come there's 2 folders leftover even when I'd doen a successful uninstall of ActiveSync? There're named: 'AvantGo Connect' & 'Microsoft ActiveSync'. Both are located under 'Program Files'.

Is it possible for me to delete these 2 folders after the uninstallation? Will they be recreated the next time I install ActiveSync again?
Most uninstall programs won't delete folders that contain data (and any folders containing those folders), in case you're just going to reinstall the program. If you lost your data, you might be a bit upset.

For example, a lot of Pocket PC programs keep their installation files in subfolders of Microsoft ActiveSync. That allows you to easily reinstall all of your programs at once using ActiveSync's Add/Remove Programs... after you do a hard reset on your Pocket PC. If the Microsoft ActiveSync folder were deleted, you'd lose all of those files and have to reinstall each program from scratch.

If you're really worried about the folders, just rename them and see if they get recreated when you reinstall ActiveSync.

Steve