View Full Version : PockeTop Drivers Released for HP 1910

Janak Parekh
03-26-2003, 01:07 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://pocketop.radiant.net/drivers.shtml' target='_blank'>http://pocketop.radiant.net/drivers.shtml</a><br /><br /></div>The PockeTop IR keyboard is now supported on the HP iPaq 1910. This is significant news, as you can't use any connector-based keyboard with the unit (due to its lack of serial pins). Now, at least, you have an external keyboard option. :)

Macguy59
03-26-2003, 01:17 AM
And so it begins :wink:

pschultz
03-26-2003, 01:31 AM
and free software to rotate the screen to landscape mode!

heov
03-26-2003, 01:52 AM
The PockeTop IR keyboard is now supported on the HP iPaq 1910. This is significant news, as you can't use any connector-based keyboard with the unit (due to its lack of serial pins). Now, at least, you have an external keyboard option. :)

i don't think the lack of serial in the 1910 means no keyboard... they can still use the usb controller. just look at the toshibas, niether the e300 or e700 series have a serial controller, and they still have keyboards for them.

Also, as anyone tested out the rotation drivers? I heard they don't work yet or something like that...

Kathy_Harris
03-26-2003, 02:07 AM
Screen rotation works fine for me (except you have to reboot the machine :/

Gen-M
03-26-2003, 03:26 AM
i don't think the lack of serial in the 1910 means no keyboard... they can still use the usb controller. just look at the toshibas, niether the e300 or e700 series have a serial controller, and they still have keyboards for them.

But they have USB HOST. The 1910 does not.

Janak Parekh
03-26-2003, 05:10 AM
Moreover, the keyboards for the e3xx and e7xx use the serial communication present in those units -- it costs more money to make them USB in the first place. (Update: OK, this is untrue. Mea culpa.)

In any case, they're not a comparable situation, unfortunately.

--janak

heov
03-26-2003, 05:33 AM
Moreover, the keyboards for the e3xx and e7xx use the serial communication present in those units -- it costs more money to make them USB in the first place.

--janak

no... i'm pretty sure the toshibas DON'T have the serial communication. They only have USB. Their keyboards communicate via USB controller.

gorkon280
03-26-2003, 05:46 AM
Moreover, the keyboards for the e3xx and e7xx use the serial communication present in those units -- it costs more money to make them USB in the first place.

--janak[/quote]

WRONG. The e740 (and e330 series) DO not have a serial port. Only way to do it is through USB host. For serial ports, you can use a USB to Serial adapter. I have a keyspan and it works wonderfully. Now I need a USB Hub (all hubs are supported AFAIK). My keyboard solution for the e740 is to use a Mini-VIK (rubber) keyboard on the USB host adapter. Works great. Need to fins a prop for the PDA and I will be all set.

Janak Parekh
03-26-2003, 05:46 AM
no... i'm pretty sure the toshibas DON'T have the serial communication. They only have USB. Their keyboards communicate via USB controller.
You're right - I just did some research. :oops: They must all use the USB host present in these devices. I stand corrected.

--janak

gorkon280
03-26-2003, 05:47 AM
Damn...beat me to it! Actually we posted at the same time! :) I have not tried running the pocket top driver for rotating the screen.....does it work fine with out needing the keyboard?

You're right - I just did some research. :oops: They must all use the USB host present in these devices.

--janak

pschultz
03-26-2003, 08:03 AM
Damn...beat me to it! Actually we posted at the same time! :) I have not tried running the pocket top driver for rotating the screen.....does it work fine with out needing the keyboard?

Yep. It work's great, and I don't even have the Pocketop Keyboard. I am only using it for the screen rotation.

wocket
03-26-2003, 10:28 AM
Pocketpop works grand for me. On the Ipaq the best way I found of using it is with the expansion pack on with a cf card in it (acts like a little foot). Then flip the screen with the pocketpop software and sit your ipaq upside down.

Even if you don't own a pocketpop keyboard the rotation software still works for most applications.

heov
03-26-2003, 03:38 PM
does anyone know if the "defualt" ppc2k2 driver works w/ any PPC. I want to use it w/ my Asus, and was wondering if it works. I really don't need the screen rotation feature as I've already got Nyditot.

PS. I noticed the front page now changes font sizes w/ the IE control! That's awesome! Thanks!